What's new

Internet Browsers: What are YOU using? (And why?) (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've got a question (hopefully super easy) for you smart PC guys who have helped me out so often.

I use Firefox both at work and at home.

At work I'm using the latest FF on Windows 7. At home, the latest FF on Win10.

But at work when I hover my cursor over the buttons at the top of HTF pages ("Tools," for example), the dropdown menus automatically appear.

At home, I have to actually click the button to make the drop-down menus appear.

Is there some really stupid setting (that I can't find) that would enable my home laptop/Win10/FF combo to drop the drop-down menu with the cursor hovering?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I truly wish I could tell you what's going on Mike. However I see the same behavior on the 4 systems I use and have yet to find rhyme or reason. It doesn't appear to be the version of FF. At one point I thought it might be uMatrix and something I'd set accidentally and checked those settings. Nope. A few days later it started working with no action on my part. It's possible I may have restarted the browser at that point but couldn't tell you. On my home systems I run the browser all the time with very few full restarts of either Windows or the browser. At work I restart every day. There have been times one of my work systems has been affected and others it's been at home.

FWIW I'm running Windows 10 Home on my home laptop with FF v62.0.3 and haven't had that issue for a few weeks. The desktop is Windows 10 Pro with a much older version of FF (on purpose) but I rarely access the site on that system. At work I'm running Windows 10 Education with FF 65 (? - not exactly sure but it's the next to latest version and the hassle I had getting tabs and everything back like I wanted after that update has kept me on lower versions everywhere else for now) and don't have the issue there either on one system and Windows 7 Pro with FF 63 (? - again not exactly sure but it's a higher than at home but not as high as my main WIn10 system).

So... all that said... maybe close FF and reopen it will do the trick.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nah. This is a fairly permanent situation. It's been this way for months. Both machines have been restarted, rebooted, had the browser updated, etc. several times.

Except for the operating system (Win7 vs. Win 10) both machines have the latest FF installed. Both have the same code installed to get the tabs moved to the desired location. But on my work machine (with Win7) I hover over a drop-down button and the drop-down automatically drops. But, at home, I have to actually click the button to get the menu to appear.

I can't find settings for that functionality anywhere.

Thanks, Howie. :thumbsup:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Can any Firefox users explain the deal regarding these super annoying "Critical Update" messages that I seem to be getting with annoyingly high frequency?:

{DBFE0AD2-ED63-4A26-BD79-BBDD631CD3B5}.bmp.jpg

Below is the prompt I got upon trying to reenter my sign in email address:

{B1BC9127-C4F2-4194-8685-78EE63E50D2C}.bmp.jpg

From what I've read online, this could be malware, but if this is the case, how in the F___ is it managing to embed itself within the actual FF browser? :unsure:

I probably should clarify that each time this "critical Firefox update" message occurs, it involves downloading the EXACT SAME Firefox Installer file, and the size of the file is ALWAYS 314 kb! It also appears to be an update loop, in that I've lost whatever "new" settings I had in the "previous" update, and that I have to initiate the "current" update just to restore what I already had before! SHEESH!!!!

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
In the past 2 weeks my Microsoft edge browser would close and then a minute reappear again. Even the Edge icon at the bottom of the screen would disappear too and it did this once or twice a day. Changed over to Chrome and much faster loading and no issues so far.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Can any Firefox users explain the deal regarding these super annoying "Critical Update" messages that I seem to be getting with annoyingly high frequency?:

View attachment 55787

Below is the prompt I got upon trying to reenter my sign in email address:

View attachment 55788

From what I've read online, this could be malware, but if this is the case, how in the F___ is it managing to embed itself within the actual FF browser? :unsure:

I probably should clarify that each time this "critical Firefox update" message occurs, it involves downloading the EXACT SAME Firefox Installer file, and the size of the file is ALWAYS 314 kb! It also appears to be an update loop, in that I've lost whatever "new" settings I had in the "previous" update, and that I have to initiate the "current" update just to restore what I already had before! SHEESH!!!!
I'd either update from within FF itself (Help - About FF - Update) or download the latest installer and install over the current installation.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I've just discovered a handy feature of Edge. Up to the left of the star icon for saving a bookmark, there's an open-book icon. Click it and the page displayed may be viewed in some kind of "book mode" which is much easier to read. The open book icon only gets active for some but not all articles at a web page.

Do other browsers have a similar book mode?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I'd either update from within FF itself (Help - About FF - Update) or download the latest installer and install over the current installation.

Definitely. Always go to the original official download page for any browser/software updates. (Also check hashes on such downloaded executable files, if available).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Pocket (suggestion: disable / set to 'false')
extensions.pocket.enabled

The easiest way around the "built-in" addons like pocket, etc ..., was to just delete the corresponding *.xpi outright from C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/browser/features

Some annoying built-in addon *.xpi are in the profiles directory, usually in something like C:/Users/*yourloginname*/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/**yourprofile**/features

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Mike,

I may have an easier way than the manual stuff. I discovered I can upload files so I've attached a userChrome.zip file. Download and unzip it and you'll have the userChrome.css file for "tabs on bottom" to drop in the Chrome folder in your user profile folder. It only contains the tabs-on-bottom css code and not the code that changes the URL bar.

For fun, I tried this Howie css file on recent versions of Firefox. It seems to largely do nothing now.

It appears to be completely absent on FF 69 Nightly. (ie. Does absolutely nothing).

It doesn't do much of anything on the current stable FF 67 and beta FF 68 builds, other than changing the color of the tabs horrizontal bar.

I went back to an old copy of FF 56 which I haven't deleted yet and tried running it. It turns out it still works as "tabs on bottom" on FF 56.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
For fun, I tried this Howie css file on recent versions of Firefox. It seems to largely do nothing now.

It appears to be completely absent on FF 69 Nightly. (ie. Does absolutely nothing).

For this "tabs on bottom" stuff to possibly work (in principle) on FF 69 Nightly, I had to change in about:config

toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets

to true.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
For this "tabs on bottom" stuff to possibly work (in principle) on FF 69 Nightly, I had to change in about:config

toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets

to true.

In addition to the above ^ modification in about:config, I finally figured out how to get "tabs on bottom" to work on the FF 69 Nightly builds.

I had to cut and paste the relevant css code from the latest versions of :

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...ic/css/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar.css

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...s/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx65.css

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...s/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx68.css

into one big userchrome.css file.

I didn't include the lines

@import "./tabs_below_navigation_toolbar.css"; from tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx65.css

@import "./tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx65.css"; from tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx68.css

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
^You can do colors too. Just more CSS to add to the userChrome.css file.

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...c/css/tabs/custom_colors_for_squared_tabs.css

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...ustom_colors_for_squared_tabs_australized.css

I've not played with either of those so don't know just what they'll do or how to modify them to make colors do what you want.

It appears these ^ css files are now gone.

Though from reading through Howie's second userchrome.css upload in this thread,

I've uploaded my current userChrome.css file (as a zip). It has tabs operating the way I like (they'll get ridiculously small and do not scroll - ever), expand properly to fill the tab area when some are closed, as you close tabs the ones to the right pull left and the "X" to close them are under your cursor, have slightly rounded (some call them square) edges, are below the URL bar, and a few other tweaks. They are "plain Jane" grey as I couldn't care less about colors on tabs. The current tab will be FF orange.

An earlier post of mine has links to the site where I got my mods and has information about putting color on the tabs.

I'm guessing the content in those two dead links are now in the files:

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/blob/master/classic/css/tabs/classic_squared_tabs.css

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...css/tabs/classic_squared_tabs_australized.css

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...s/tabs/classic_squared_tabs_fully_squared.css

So I copied the css code from the latest update of classic_squared_tabs.css into my own userchrome.css file from my previous post. From reading the follow up posts to the referenced Howie's posts, I'm guessing what I'm currently seeing on FF 69 Nightly is possibly replicating the function described by Howie and others.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Hmmmm .....

I tried several of Howie's custom color settings css code (with red, purple, etc ....) in my own userchrome.css file.

So far I can't seem to get any colors in the tab bars, other than white and greyscale.

I'll have to take look at a custom_colors_for_squared_tabs.css from an older version of CustomCSSforFx to see what they did.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm currently on v67.0.2 and use this userChrome.css file:

/* Firefox Quantum userChrome.css tweaks ************************************************/
/* Github: https://github.com/aris-t2/customcssforfx ************************************/
/* THIS EXTRACT combines two files from the above repository:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...ic/css/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar.css
version 2.2.7 as of Nov. 12, 2018
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCS...s/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx65.css
version 2.2.9 as of Nov. 30, 2018
*/
/****************************************************************************************/

:root {
--colored_menubar_background_image: linear-gradient(#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa);
--general_toolbar_color_toolbars: linear-gradient(#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa);
--general_toolbar_color_navbar: linear-gradient(#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa);
--tabs_toolbar_color_tabs_not_on_top: linear-gradient(#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa);
--tabs_toolbar_border-tnot_normal_mode_size: 1px;
--tabs_toolbar_border-tnot_normal_mode: var(--tabs-border-color);
--classic_squared_tabs_tab_text_color: black;
--classic_squared_tabs_new_tab_icon_color: black;
--classic_squared_tabs_tab_text_shadow: transparent;
--tab-min-height_tnot: 32px;
}

:root[uidensity=compact] {
--tab-min-height_tnot: 28px;
}

:root[uidensity=touch] {
--tab-min-height_tnot: 40px;
}

/* tabs toolbar adjustment */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#TabsToolbar {
-moz-padding-start: 2px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar]:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme #TabsToolbar {
-moz-padding-start: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"]:not([sizemode="fullscreen"]) #TabsToolbar {
margin-top: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"][chromehidden~="menubar"] #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive] + #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"][chromehidden~="menubar"] #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive] + #TabsToolbar {
padding-top: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]) ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="false"] ~ #TabsToolbar{
}

/* tab title in titlebar support */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar{
}

/* titlebar button support */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #nav-bar{
margin-top: 2px !important;
}

/* fix for application/hamburger button in titlebar */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="fullscreen"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #nav-bar #PanelUI-button {
visibility: collapse !important;
}

#main-window[inDOMFullscreen="true"] #TabsToolbar {
opacity: 0 !important;
}

/* tab height */
#tabbrowser-tabs,
#tabbrowser-tabs > .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox,
.tabbrowser-tabs[positionpinnedtabs] > .tabbrowser-tab[pinned] {
min-height: var(--tab-min-height_tnot) !important;
}

/* toolbar order (start) ************************************/
#print-preview-toolbar,
#printedit-toolbar,
#titlebar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;
}
#navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important;
}
/* navigation toolbar */
#navigator-toolbox #nav-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}
/* bookmarks toolbar */
#navigator-toolbox #PersonalToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;
}
/* 3rd party toolbars */
#navigator-toolbox toolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;
}
/* tabs toolbar */
#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 100 !important;
}
/* toolbar order (end) **************************************/

/* toolbar colors */
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #toolbar-menubar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
background-image: var(--colored_menubar_background_image) !important;
border: 0px !important;
margin-bottom: -1px !important;
}

#nav-bar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
-moz-appearance: none !important;
background: var(--general_toolbar_color_navbar, inherit) !important;
}

toolbar:not(#TabsToolbar):not(#toolbar-menubar):not(#nav-bar):not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
background: var(--general_toolbar_color_toolbars, inherit) !important;
}
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme){
background-image: var(--tabs_toolbar_color_tabs_not_on_top) !important;
}

/* remove color overlay for lw-themes */
#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image'] :-moz-any(#nav-bar,#PersonalToolbar,#TabsToolbar):-moz-lwtheme{
background: unset !important;
}

/* adjust compact themes background color */
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']) #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
background-image: linear-gradient(var(--toolbar-bgcolor),var(--toolbar-bgcolor)) !important;
}

#main-window:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #TabsToolbar :-moz-any(.tabs-newtab-button,.scrollbutton-up,.scrollbutton-down),
#main-window:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #TabsToolbar > toolbarbutton,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-darktext #TabsToolbar :-moz-any(.tabs-newtab-button,.scrollbutton-up,.scrollbutton-down),
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-darktext #TabsToolbar > toolbarbutton {
fill: var(--classic_squared_tabs_new_tab_icon_color) !important;
color: var(--classic_squared_tabs_new_tab_icon_color) !important;
}

/* toolbar borders */
#main-window #navigator-toolbox::after {
}

#TabsToolbar{
margin-bottom: 0px !important;
border-bottom: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox :-moz-any(#nav-bar,#PersonalToolbar,#TabsToolbar) {
border-left: var(--tabs_toolbar_border-tnot_normal_mode_size) solid var(--tabs_toolbar_border-tnot_normal_mode) !important;
border-right: var(--tabs_toolbar_border-tnot_normal_mode_size) solid var(--tabs_toolbar_border-tnot_normal_mode) !important;
background-clip: padding-box !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox :-moz-any(#nav-bar,#PersonalToolbar,#TabsToolbar) {
border-left: 0px !important;
border-right: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image'][sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox :-moz-any(#nav-bar,#PersonalToolbar,#TabsToolbar):-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image'][sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox :-moz-any(#nav-bar,#PersonalToolbar,#TabsToolbar):-moz-lwtheme {
border-top: 0px !important;
}

#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
border-bottom: 1px solid #323234 !important;
}

#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
border-bottom: 1px solid #323234 !important;
}

#main-window:not([sizemode="fullscreen"])[tabsintitlebar] #TabsToolbar{
-moz-margin-end: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #TabsToolbar .titlebar-placeholder{
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] {
margin-top: 21px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] {
margin-top: 20px !important;
}

#tabbrowser-tabs .tab-drop-indicator {
}

#PersonalToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#nav-bar:-moz-lwtheme {
background-image: none !important;
box-shadow: none !important;
border-top: none !important;
border-bottom: none !important;
}

/* remove tab fog */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)::before,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)::after {
box-shadow: unset !important;
}

/* remove 'dragging tab' margin/padding nonsense */
#TabsToolbar[movingtab] {
padding-bottom: unset !important;
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tabs {
margin-bottom: unset !important;
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] + #nav-bar {
margin-top: unset !important;
}

/* scroll buttons */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #alltabs-button,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox > .scrollbutton-up,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox > .scrollbutton-down {
fill: black !important;
}

/* Fx58+ titlebar placeholders */
#TabsToolbar *[type="pre-tabs"],
#TabsToolbar *[type="post-tabs"] {
display: none !important;
}

@media (-moz-os-version: windows-win10) {
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] {
margin-top: 30px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] {
margin-top: 30px !important;
}
}

@media (-moz-windows-classic) {

/* tweaks for Windows Classic theme */
#nav-bar:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#PersonalToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
border-left: unset !important;
border-right: unset !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox :-moz-any(#nav-bar,#PersonalToolbar,#TabsToolbar) {
}

border-bottom: unset !important;
}

#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #navigator-toolbox,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #nav-bar,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #navigator-toolbox::before,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #nav-bar::before,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #navigator-toolbox::after,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #nav-bar::after {
border: unset !important;
border-image: unset !important;
}

#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) toolbar:not(#TabsToolbar):not(#toolbar-menubar):not(#nav-bar):not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
}

}

/* tab text colors */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab {
color: var(--classic_squared_tabs_tab_text_color) !important;
text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px var(--classic_squared_tabs_tab_text_shadow) !important;
}

/* fix Windows 7s default tab background (remove dark purple bg color)*/
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-win7) {
@media (-moz-windows-default-theme) {
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not(:hover):not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
background-color: #e3e4e6 !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):hover:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
background-color: #cccdcf !important;
}

}
}

/* Simple Close Tab button */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #_fe8cab45-aaee-45f8-8765-781e0ebea300_-browser-action {
--webextension-toolbar-image-light: url("moz-extension://7904448c-2319-4f6f-aac9-a1f701258098/icons/Close-dark.svg") !important;
}

/* close tab button */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #closetab_fmarin_com-browser-action {
--webextension-toolbar-image-light: url("moz-extension://31006e48-8e00-476f-8ea9-697e40934b02/icons/icon.svg") !important;
--webextension-toolbar-image-2x-light: url("moz-extension://31006e48-8e00-476f-8ea9-697e40934b02/icons/icon.svg") !important;
}

/* close window button */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #close-window-button_nanpuyue_com-browser-action {
--webextension-toolbar-image-light: url("moz-extension://c914bd13-793f-4a2d-ab66-c655a3d75c52/icons/icon.svg") !important;
--webextension-toolbar-image-2x-light: url("moz-extension://c914bd13-793f-4a2d-ab66-c655a3d75c52/icons/icon.svg") !important;
}

/*
Start Firefox 65 fix:
Lines 1-10 omitted
*/

#main-window:not([chromehidden*="toolbar"]) #navigator-toolbox {
padding-bottom: calc(1px + var(--tab-min-height_tnot)) !important;
}

#TabsToolbar {
position: absolute !important;
bottom: 0 !important;
width: 100vw !important;
}

#tabbrowser-tabs {
width: 100vw !important;
}

/* make sure button icon colors set correctly */
#main-window:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #TabsToolbar-customization-target toolbarbutton .toolbarbutton-icon,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-darktext #TabsToolbar-customization-target toolbarbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {
fill: var(--classic_squared_tabs_new_tab_icon_color) !important;
color: var(--classic_squared_tabs_new_tab_icon_color) !important;
}

/* move caption buttons to windows top right position */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container {
position: fixed !important;
right: 0 !important;
visibility: visible !important;
display: block !important;
}

/* caption button position in maximized mode after moving to the top */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container {
top: -14px !important;
}

/* Windows */
@media (-moz-os-version:windows-win10), (-moz-os-version:windows-win8), (-moz-os-version:windows-win7) {
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container {
top: 1px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container {
top: 8px !important;
}
}

/* Windows 7 extra tweaks */
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-win7) {
@media all and (-moz-windows-compositor) {
}
}
@media not all and (-moz-windows-compositor) {
top: -2px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container {
top: 0px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inDOMFullscreen="true"]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]) ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container {
}
}
}

/* Windows 10 extra tweaks */
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-win10) {
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) menubar > menu:not(:-moz-lwtheme):hover:not([disabled="true"]),
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) menubar > menu:not(:-moz-lwtheme)[_moz-menuactive="true"]:not([disabled="true"]) {
background-color: Highlight !important;
color: HighlightText !important;
}
}

/* tweaks for fullscreen mode */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="fullscreen"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar .titlebar-buttonbox-container,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="fullscreen"] #navigator-toolbox #PanelUI-button,
#main-window #TabsToolbar #window-controls {
}

/* hide non-required items */
#TabsToolbar .private-browsing-indicator,
#TabsToolbar #window-controls,
#TabsToolbar *[type="caption-buttons"],
#TabsToolbar *[type="pre-tabs"],
#TabsToolbar *[type="post-tabs"] {
}

/* adjust tabs toolbar padding */
#main-window:-moz-any([sizemode="normal"],[sizemode="maximized"],[sizemode="fullscreen"]) #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:-moz-any([sizemode="normal"],[sizemode="maximized"],[sizemode="fullscreen"]) #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window:-moz-any([sizemode="normal"],[sizemode="maximized"],[sizemode="fullscreen"]) #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:-moz-any([sizemode="normal"],[sizemode="maximized"],[sizemode="fullscreen"]) #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
-moz-padding-start: 0px !important;
-moz-margin-start: 0px !important;
}

/* hide line above navigation toolbar appearing in some cases */
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #nav-bar,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #navigator-toolbox {
border-top: 0 !important;
}

/* disable Mozillas tab jumping nonsense when moving tabs */
#navigator-toolbox[movingtab] > #titlebar > #TabsToolbar {
}
#navigator-toolbox[movingtab] #tabbrowser-tabs {
}
#navigator-toolbox[movingtab] > #nav-bar {
}

/* size of new tab tabs '+' icon */
.tabs-newtab-button .toolbarbutton-icon {
padding: 0px !important;
margin: 0px !important;
width: 18px !important;
height: 18px !important;
}

#alltabs-button{
visibility: visible !important;
}

/* blank new tab page */
@-moz-document url("about:newtab") { *{display: none !important;}}

/* use 'about:config > browser.tabs.tabMinWidth' for tab min-width *//*
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) {
min-width: 50px !important;
clip-width: 50px !important;
*/

/* tabs toolbar adjustment */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#main-window[uidensity=compact][tabsintitlebar] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #TabsToolbar,
#TabsToolbar{
-moz-padding-start: 2px !important;
}
#TabsToolbar {
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"]:not([inFullscreen]) #TabsToolbar {
}

/* fix for application/hamburger button in titlebar */
#main-window[tabsintitlebar][inFullscreen] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] ~ #nav-bar #PanelUI-button {
}

/* tab height */
#tabbrowser-tabs,
min-height: 25px !important;
}

/* toolbar order (start) ************************************/
#print-preview-toolbar,
#printedit-toolbar,
#titlebar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;
}
#navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important;
}
/* navigation toolbar */
#navigator-toolbox #nav-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}
/* bookmarks toolbar */
#navigator-toolbox #PersonalToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;
}
/* 3rd party toolbars */
#navigator-toolbox toolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 10 !important;
}
/* tabs toolbar */
#navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 100 !important;
}
/* toolbar order (end) **************************************/

/* toolbar colors */
/*#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme){ */
/* -moz-appearance: none !important;
/* background-image: linear-gradient(#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa) !important; */
/*} */
#TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme{
background: rgba(255,255,255,0.4) !important;
}

/* toolbar borders */
#main-window #navigator-toolbox::after {
/*border-bottom: unset !important;*/
}
#TabsToolbar{
border-bottom: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
}
#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme){
border-left: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
border-right: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
}

#main-window:not([inFullscreen="true"])[tabsintitlebar] #TabsToolbar{
-moz-margin-end: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar] #TabsToolbar .titlebar-placeholder{
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"],
margin-top: 21px !important;
}

#tabbrowser-tabs .tab-drop-indicator {
}

#PersonalToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#nav-bar:-moz-lwtheme {
background-image: none !important;
box-shadow: none !important;
border-top: none !important;
border-bottom: none !important;
}

/* remove tab fog */
}

/* remove 'dragging tab' margin/padding nonsense */
#TabsToolbar[movingtab] {
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tabs {
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] + #nav-bar {
}

/* scroll buttons */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) #alltabs-button,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox > .scrollbutton-up,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-arrowscrollbox > .scrollbutton-down {
}

/* tweaks for Windows Classic theme *//*
#nav-bar:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#PersonalToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
border-right: unset !important;
}
}
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #navigator-toolbox,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #nav-bar,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #navigator-toolbox::before,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #nav-bar::before,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #navigator-toolbox::after,
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]):not(:-moz-lwtheme) #nav-bar::after {
}
#main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) toolbar:not(#TabsToolbar):not(#toolbar-menubar):not(#nav-bar):not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
}

/*
* Eliminate the throbber and its annoying movement:
* #throbber-box {
* display: none !important;
* }
*/

/* Tabs Minimum Width Before Scrolling Occurs */
.tabbrowser-tab[fadein]:not([pinned]) { min-width: 10px !important; }

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul)
{
richlistbox.autocomplete-richlistbox
{
max-height: 310px !important;
}

.ac-type-icon, .ac-site-icon:not([type="insecureWarning"])
{
/* for all awesomebar suggestions icons (except those for contextual feedback on insecure passwords) */
margin-top: 6px;
}

.ac-site-icon[type="insecureWarning"], .ac-site-icon[type="login"]
{
/* for the icons in contextual feedback on insecure passwords */
margin-top: 0;
}

/*.ac-title,*/ .ac-separator, .ac-url, .ac-action
{
font-size: 14px !important;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[collapsed="true"]
{
height: 0 !important;
min-height: 0 !important;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-title,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-separator,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-url,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-title,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-separator,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-url
{
height: 16px;
margin-top: 6px;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"],
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"]
{
display: flex;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"],
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"]
{
display: flex;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-title,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-title
{
order: 3;
}

.ac-title-text
{
}

.ac-tags
{
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-separator,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-separator
{
order: 2;
-moz-margin-start: 6px;
-moz-margin-end: 6px;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-url,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-url
{
order: 1;
}

.ac-url-text
{
}

.ac-action
{
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="switchtab"] .ac-type-icon,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="switchtab"] .ac-site-icon,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="searchengine"] .ac-type-icon,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="searchengine"] .ac-site-icon,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"] .ac-type-icon,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"] .ac-site-icon
{
margin-top: 0;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="switchtab"] .ac-separator,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="switchtab"] .ac-action,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="switchtab"] .ac-url,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="searchengine"] .ac-separator,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="searchengine"] .ac-action,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="searchengine"] .ac-url,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"] .ac-separator,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"] .ac-action,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[actiontype="visiturl"] .ac-url
{
margin-bottom: 0;
}

.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="favicon"] .ac-url-text,
.autocomplete-richlistitem[type="bookmark"] .ac-url-text
{
max-width: none !important;
/* or initial*/;
}
}

/* color names, hexcodes, rgb(a) and hsl(a) and gradients can be used */

/*******************************************/
/* selected tab ****************************/

#TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab[selected] .tab-content {
background: linear-gradient(to bottom,#FF8800,#FFCC99) !important;
}
/* background color on toolbars */
/*#main-window * #navigator-toolbox toolbar:not(#TabsToolbar):not(#toolbar-menubar) {*/
/* background: linear-gradient(to bottom,#FFCC99,#FFCC99) !important;*/
/*}*/

/* tabs height for "classic tabs" */
:root {
--tab-min-height: 26px !important;
}

/* adjust tab toolbars buttons for squared tabs */
#TabsToolbar #alltabs-button .toolbarbutton-icon,
#TabsToolbar > #new-tab-button .toolbarbutton-icon,
#TabsToolbar > toolbarpaletteitem > #new-tab-button .toolbarbutton-icon {
padding: 3px !important;
}

/* remove tab fog */
}

/**** default themes tab colors [start] ****/

/* black tab text color */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab {
color: #000000 !important;
}

/* default tabs color */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabs-newtab-button,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(to top,#aeaba5,#c1beb7,#c9c6be) !important;
}
/* selected tabs color */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab .tab-content[selected="true"] {
background-image: linear-gradient(to top,#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa,#f9f9fa) !important;
}
/* hovered tabs color */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabs-newtab-button:hover,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab:hover .tab-content:not([selected="true"]) {
background-image: linear-gradient(to top,#cac7c1,#d5d2cc,#e8e6e2) !important;
}

/* unloaded/pending tabs color *//*
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab[pending] .tab-content {
background: red !important;
}

/* unread tabs color *//*
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab[unread] .tab-content {
background: purple !important;
}

/* tab border color */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabs-newtab-button,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab .tab-content {
border-top: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
border-left: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
border-right: 1px solid #5f7181 !important;
}

#TabsToolbar .tabs-newtab-button {
border-top: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
border-left: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
border-right: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
}

#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not([selected]) .tab-content {
border-top: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.5) !important;
border-left: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.5) !important;
border-right: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.5) !important;
}

/* new tab icon color */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabs-newtab-button/*,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) > #new-tab-button,
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) > toolbarpaletteitem > #new-tab-button*/ {
color: black !important;
}
/***** default themes tab colors [end] *****/

/********************************************/
/******* lw-themes tab colors [start] *******/

/* lightweight theme tab colors*/
.tabs-newtab-button:-moz-lwtheme-darktext,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):-moz-lwtheme-darktext .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,60%,.5), hsla(0,0%,45%,.5) 80%) !important;
}
.tabs-newtab-button:hover:-moz-lwtheme-darktext,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):hover:-moz-lwtheme-darktext .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,80%,.5), hsla(0,0%,60%,.5) 80%) !important;
}
.tabs-newtab-button:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,40%,.6), hsla(0,0%,30%,.6) 80%) !important;
}
.tabs-newtab-button:hover:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):hover:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(hsla(0,0%,60%,.6), hsla(0,0%,45%,.6) 80%) !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not(:hover):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext {
}

/* compact dark lw-theme */
#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image:url("resource:///chrome/browser/content/browser/defaultthemes/compact.header.png");'] .tabs-newtab-button:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext,
#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image:url("resource:///chrome/browser/content/browser/defaultthemes/compact.header.png");'] .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(71,71,71,.99), rgba(71,71,71,.99)) !important;
}
#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image:url("resource:///chrome/browser/content/browser/defaultthemes/compact.header.png");'] .tabs-newtab-button:hover:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext,
#main-window[style*='--lwt-header-image:url("resource:///chrome/browser/content/browser/defaultthemes/compact.header.png");'] .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):hover:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext .tab-content {
background-image: linear-gradient(rgba(91,91,91,.99), rgba(91,91,91,.99)) !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab[selected]:-moz-lwtheme-darktext .tab-content {
border-top: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.5) !important;
border-left: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.4) !important;
border-right: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.4) !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab[selected]:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext .tab-content {
border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.6) !important;
border-left: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.2) !important;
border-right: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.2) !important;
}
#TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme .tabs-newtab-button:-moz-lwtheme-darktext,
.tabbrowser-tab .tab-content:-moz-lwtheme-darktext {
border-top: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
border-left: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
border-right: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,.2) !important;
}
#TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme .tabs-newtab-button:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext,
.tabbrowser-tab .tab-content:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext {
border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.6) !important;
border-left: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.2) !important;
border-right: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.2) !important;
}
/******** lw-themes tab colors [end] ********/

/* tab line & tab background*/
.tabbrowser-tab:-moz-lwtheme[selected] .tab-line[selected=true] {
height: 0px !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab > .tab-stack > .tab-background > .tab-line[selected=true],
.tabbrowser-tab:hover > .tab-stack > .tab-background > .tab-line:not([selected=true]) {
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.2);
}

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-background[selected=true] {
border-image-slice: 0 !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]) .tab-background{
}

.tabbrowser-tab:hover > .tab-stack > .tab-background:not([selected=true]) {
background-color: rgba(0,0,0,.0) !important;
}

/* tab top border roundness */
#TabsToolbar .tabs-newtab-button,
#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab,
#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab .tab-stack,
#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab .tab-background,
#TabsToolbar .tabbrowser-tab .tab-content {
border-top-left-radius: 3px !important;
border-top-right-radius: 3px !important;
}

/* loading animation */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme) .tabbrowser-tab:not([visuallyselected=true]) {
--tab-loading-fill: #0A84FF !important;
}

/* space between tabs */
.tabs-newtab-button,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) {
-moz-margin-start: 0px !important;
}

/* width of new tab tab */
#TabsToolbar .tabs-newtab-button{
min-width: 0px !important;
width: 28px !important;
margin-bottom: -1px !important;
}

/* size of new tab tabs '+' icon */
.tabs-newtab-button .toolbarbutton-icon{
min-width: 0px !important;
min-height: 0px !important;
width: 14px !important;
height: 14px !important;
margin: 0px !important;
padding: 0px !important;
}

/* tab close icon size and position */
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) .close-icon > .toolbarbutton-icon {
width: 16px !important;
height: 16px !important;
-moz-margin-end:-4px !important;
}

:root[uidensity=touch] .tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) .close-icon > .toolbarbutton-icon {
margin-top: -8px !important;
margin-bottom: -8px !important;
}

/*tab favicon position*/
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]):not([locked]) .tab-throbber,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) .tab-icon-image{
-moz-margin-start:-6px !important;
}

/* reduce minimum tab height */
#tabbrowser-tabs,
min-height: var(--tab-min-height) !important;
}

#TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs[overflow="true"] .tabbrowser-tab[pinned] {
min-height: calc( var(--tab-min-height) - 1px ) !important;
max-height: calc( var(--tab-min-height) - 1px ) !important;
}

/* Windows 10 fix ['@media (-moz-os-version: windows-win10)' currently broken on Windows 10FCU] */
.titlebar-button {
padding-top: 7px !important;
padding-bottom: 7px !important;
}

/*pinned tabs*/
#TabsToolbar .tab-content[pinned] {
padding: 0 6px !important;
}

/* remove top line above tabs for lw-themes */
#main-window:-moz-lwtheme #browser-panel{
}

/* hide tab separators */
.tabbrowser-tab::after,
.tabbrowser-tab::before {
border-image-slice: unset !important;
width: unset !important;
}
#tabbrowser-tabs[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tab[beforeselected]:not([last-visible-tab])::after,
.tabbrowser-tab:not([selected]):not([afterselected-visible]):not([afterhovered]):not([first-visible-tab]):not(:hover)::before,
#tabbrowser-tabs:not([overflow]) > .tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]:not([selected]):not([beforehovered]):not(:hover)::after {
content: unset !important;
display: unset !important;
}
/**/

/* remove crap set by Firefox 58+ */
.tabbrowser-tab,
.tab-stack,
.tab-background {
}

.tabbrowser-tab::after,
.tabbrowser-tab::before {
}

:root[tabsintitlebar]:not([extradragspace]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide=true] ~ #TabsToolbar > #tabbrowser-tabs > .tabbrowser-tab::after,
:root[tabsintitlebar]:not([extradragspace]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide=true] ~ #TabsToolbar > #tabbrowser-tabs > .tabbrowser-tab::before,
.tabbrowser-tab:hover::before,
.tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]:hover::after,
#tabbrowser-tabs:not([movingtab]) > .tabbrowser-tab[afterhovered]::before {
}

/**/
/**/

It's *very* messy... likely has duplicate sections as I've just not looked at it closely.

It provides the ever shrinking tabs (non-scrolling) I like but has rather plain tab colors of grey with FF orange for the current one. I'm OK with that as the main things - tabs on bottom and non-scrolling "squarish" tabs are present. I've not gone over it to see just what's absolutely needed since it does what I need/want.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Thanks for the update BobO'Link.

For most of my casual web browsing, I'm on FF Nightly. I can deal with stupid alpha behavior, frequent crashes, etc ... when reading dumb stuff and watching youtube videos. Hopefully the dozen+ crash dumps I send in every day will help in debugging and a more stable browser.

Most of my tinkering in about:config and userchrome.css are done with FF Nightly.

On the other hand, I use the current stable FF 67.0.2 for serious stuff. (For example such as: online shopping, work related stuff, etc ....).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You're welcome.

I use FF Portable and *always* make a backup of the system (usually copying the entire folder but sometimes just the app subfolder) before allowing an update to install. If the update breaks the css file I roll back and look for fixes before I'll use it everyday. I don't bother with the nightly updates. If they're not going to listen to my suggestions about what they break in the GUI then I'm not helping debug their crap.

**Warning - RANT follows**

The GUI stuff is usually forced through arrogance - the "no one uses that" excuses when it's actually them wanting to force the way they think things should be and won't listen to outside opinion/suggestion. I've found most GUI "designers" are the same - a bunch of arrogant dolts who wouldn't know a good design if it slapped them in the face. Stuff along the lines of "Look! Isn't that pretty!?!" totally ignoring that functionality was thrown out the window in favor of a "pretty face." My workday is 25% less productive because of GUI redesigns (not just FF) that substituted form over functionality. And the form isn't that good either.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
In practice, I've found that the only files I need to restore + reinstall Firefox from scratch again (after complete corruption or beyond repair), are:

- prefs.js
- booksmarks (if one uses any bookmarks)
- userchrome.css (if applicable)

Whenever I do a semi-regular backup of my files, I'll make a copy of my customized prefs.js and bookmarks files.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I run uMatrix and AdBlockPlus. Both of those have their own stuff to backup properly. Because of those and cookies which contain data I want to preserve I've found it's easier to just backup the entire structure. Since it's portable it's as easy as stopping FF, copying the portable folder, start it up and update. If it breaks - delete the original folder and rename the backup (or copy the copy and rename that - depends on my mood).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks