What's new

input on system I am putting together (1 Viewer)

Hi

I am currently upgrading my HT system. Equipment chosen is as follows:

Onkyo-898 av receiver

Polk rt1000i fronts

Polk cs400i center

Polk fx500i rears

Polk fx500i center rears

Does anybody have a system close to this or is familiar with my choices?

Your input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
Welcome to the HTF. Most everything I know about HT I have learned here. There are some very knowledgable people on this forum.( wish I was one :D)
I have the Polk 800I mains
600I rear
CS350ls center
psw 450 sub
I am extremely happy with them and you are looking at the next step up. I do not think you will be disapointed. Polk also has a top notch tech, customer service center.
As far as the reciever goes I am not very familiar with onkyo. I bought a MarantzSR 6200 over the summer and I love it.(the tech guy at polk said Marantz makes parts for the electronics in their speakers). I was able to compare the Marantz with the an Onkyo nad Denon (cant remember which model numbers) in my home. IMO the Marantz sounded better and was a better deal, again IMO. As far as the speakers go I dont think you can beat Polk as far as "bang for the buck" goes.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
that onkyo is a pretty nice reciever and will push the polks nicely...I run the polks myself and only have a yammie 795a and I'm extremely happy.. with that 898 shure will be a winner. May you find better speakers...there will always be better...but in the price range..they are hard to beat!

good luck and enjoy

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Steven, welcome to the forum. From what I have heard, you have made some good choices. I did notice one glaring omission from your list though, a sub woofer. Have you got any plans to add a sub to your system? I feel that this would make a far larger impact(no pun intended) on your system than a rear center would. You should do a search on SVS as they are very well respected on the forum. Have fun with your new upgrades :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i have an older onkyo/polk combo and it still runs solid. i'd definitely consider the combo if i was upgrading.
btw - turn down your font. (my eyes!...my eyes!) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks