What's new

Inferno (1953) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Bob - agreed, but it seems to happen now. I'm not a projectionist so I can't say this with complete certainty, but I've read posts from different projectionist and repertory theater managers how some studios have delivered DCPs that seem very obviously to have been made from a Blu-ray. One of the signs apparently is file size - a DCP should be 100-200gb, but some of these titles are coming in at 20-40gb, about the size of the Blu-ray. The only thing I can say from firsthand experience is that I've seen DCPs that clearly were made from a home video master - the DCPs of the classic Bond films have all of the same title sequence aspect ratio squeezing shenanigans as the Blu-rays do, unfortunately.

SAM33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stewart
I have to say, while I as always wish for every release to be as authentic and perfect as possible, I'll gladly take this over nothing!
If a reasonable amount of compromise (and I know that's a very subjective term) is what's necessary to get some of the classics released in 3D, I'll gladly support it.

So if what we indeed get here is a version of the late great Mr. Symmes' efforts, I say let's be glad for his legacy work and to this company for making the effort to get it out there.

(And also to Fox for letting it happen!)

GregK

Screenwriter
Bob Furmanek said:
That's terrific but Dan's reference Blu-ray had a bad audio track.

They really should have used the full HD left/right files to create the DCP.
And to add to that, Dan had confirmed to me his 3D bluray was compressed a tad too much, but he of course figured with its sole purpose merely being a screener, it really didn't matter.

There are full uncompressed files of Dan's restoration of INFERNO out there. Hopefully Fox has acquired one of those for this upcoming 3D bluray release.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
Our 3D release of "Inferno" is being produced from the full res dcp files. File size is around 800Gb.

I am very pleased with the master produced by Sony DADC in London and the 3d, colour and sound presentation is stunning.

A review copy will be sent to HTF in due course.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema, Scotland

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Panamint Cinema said:
Our 3D release of "Inferno" is beig produced from the full res dcp files. File size is around 800Gb.

I am very pleased with the master produced by Sony DADC in London and the 3d, colour and sound presentation is stunning.

A review copy will be sent to HTF in due course.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema, Scotland
Very excited to check this out. Do you know if pre-orders will be available either through your website and/or Amazon.uk.co? Or do we have to wait until street date to order?

Either way, I'll happily be putting in my order as soon as possible.

Panamint Cinema

Insider
Real Name
Russell Cowe
"Inferno" will be available to order from our web-site by the offical release date, August 10th - Rhonda Fleming's birthday.

Keep watching for further information.

I don't care to give Amazon 48% of the takings for pre-orders, when I have a fully functioning web-site with credit/debit cards and PayPal accepted.

Also unlike Amazon, those ordering from outside the European Union will have 20% tax deducted.

Russell Cowe, www.panamint.co.uk

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If it's possible to order directly from your website for shipping to the U.S., I'm happy to do so! (I'm happy to give you my support for this release and if it's better for your company to place the order directly on your site instead of through Amazon, consider it done.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks