What's new

3D Inferno (1953) 3D Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

GregK

Screenwriter
As noted above, for some reason the credits for INFERNO were placed improperly for both the opening and closing credits. Or the background elements should have moved back in z-space before the titles were overlayed. Otherwise still an excellent 3-D feature.

I don't think there was even one golden age Columbia title that managed to get their 3-D titles correct. ..Very strange.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
The region free version of this title is going for £9.99 at the moment at the Panamint store. Discount is applied on checkout. The Region B locked version is only £7.99, for those who are region free and are happy with lossy audio. Absolutely no reason for anyone to pass this up!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
EddieLarkin said:
The region free version of this title is going for £9.99 at the moment at the Panamint store. Discount is applied on checkout. The Region B locked version is only £7.99, for those who are region free and are happy with lossy audio. Absolutely no reason for anyone to pass this up!

The've also cut the price to $19.99 at Amazon (region-free version) for this weekend only. It's about $3 cheaper to buy it directly from Panamint and they also let you pay through Amazon without creating an account through them!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I got this at almost twice the price on its original release, and it was worth every penny then - if you're someone who's thinking about picking this up, I think it's a great movie and a great 3D disc!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Disc arrived last night. Put it in for a quick spin and ended up watching half the movie.

Wow! The 3D in this is flawless and very immersive. Pretty good story too. Nice work by all involved.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
There are a number of scenes where actors are near the front of the screen and their entire body is out of the screen. For an example:

At 09:50 Rhonda Fleming and William Lundigan are both out of the screen.
At 09:55 William moves backward and just Rhonda is out of the screen.
At 10:00 William moves forward, they are both out-of-the-screen.

Very impressive 3D.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I asked my wife what she thought of the movie. I was surprised when she said at first she was hoping that Robert Ryan would die, he was such a bad person in the movie. Anyone else thinking the same?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Ryan's character is certainly despicable, but aren't the nefarious plotters far more reprehensible in their behavior?

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Of course! But isn't she the most morally corrupt of them all, flaming red hair and all? She cares about no one but herself. But if you look like Rhonda and you look in the mirror, it must be difficult to feel otherwise...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks