What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time May/June 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these May/June Announcements. Enjoy!
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 24 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

THE MAN IN THE MOON (1991) BLU-RAY - May 16th

WHO’LL STOP THE RAIN (1978) BLU-RAY - May 16th

INFERNO 3D (1953) BLU-RAY - May 16th

THE STONE KILLER (1973) BLU-RAY - May 16th

BRUTAL TALES OF CHIVALRY (aka SHOWA ZANKYO DEN, 1965) BLU-RAY - May 16th

THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN (1969) BLU-RAY - June 13th

THE QUIET AMERICAN (1958) BLU-RAY - June 13th

HELL AND HIGH WATER (1954) BLU-RAY - June 13th

THE VALACHI PAPERS (1972) BLU-RAY - June 13th

SNAKE IN THE EAGLE’S SHADOW (1978) / DRUNKEN MASTER (1978) BLU-RAY - June 13th

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's nice to see The Man in the Moon get a Blu-ray release, now I wish I hadn't already bought it on iTunes.
I wonder if Inferno will be superior to the Panamint release which is still in print, by the way.
The Bridge at Remagen and Hell and High Water look interesting. I just might blind-buy those two.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Who'll Stop The Rain and The Quiet American to finally put to rest the non anamorphic DVDs. I'm happy with the blu of Inferno from Panamint. I'm content with my DVDs of Hell And High Water (it's Fuller's weakest film) and Bridge At Remagen.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The Quiet American for me since I think I'll be a Brando completist.

edit: Oops! I confused this with The Ugly American. :P

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Excited for The Stone Killer. Love the poster artwork.

Curious to know which titles might get commentary tracks, esp Inferno! Which will be out in time for summer.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
The Panamint disc of Inferno is in mono (it was said the stereo tracks for the movie were lost)- if they somehow found them for this new disc I'll buy it again.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If the audio for Inferno is still mono, I'll pass, I already have the two Panamint BD releases, I don't need a third. I have to wonder if this particular title is going to sell due to the Panamint releases? I understand wanting to get another 3-D title out, but I'm just saying.

Twilight Time does love them Bronson titles. I see 3-4 titles I'll buy out of this bunch.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I have to see what the extras are for Inferno. If they are the same as the Panamint disc, I'll take a pass. If there's something new and exciting there, I'll consider it.

I would have preferred Gun Fury or Gorilla at Large, frankly.

Same here. I have the excellent Panamint blu-ray. Except for the superb Mad Magician package I haven't bought any TT titles since 2015. Shall be buying Edge of Eternity at some point but otherwise all the titles of interest to me which TT may once have considered, are now being released by KL.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I'm just shocked no one has asked Sony for Murder by Death, or The Cheapn Detective. If TT could get those and use the original awesome poster artwork for the covers and maybe do some commentary tracks I think they would sell very well. They are both favorites of many.

The fact no one else has tried to release them on BLU yet possibly they can't be licensed out?

Also just a low amount of classic Neil Simon movies like Seems Like old Times, and California Suite with isolated audio tracks would be great.

Will be buying several from this batch announced.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well, at least another two months before seeing You Were Never Lovelier..

I'm happy for those of you that wanted some of these. But none for me this time.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I'm just shocked no one has asked Sony for Murder by Death, or The Cheapn Detective. If TT could get those and use the original awesome poster artwork for the covers and maybe do some commentary tracks I think they would sell very well. They are both favorites of many.

The fact no one else has tried to release them on BLU yet possibly they can't be licensed out?

Also just a low amount of classic Neil Simon movies like Seems Like old Times, and California Suite with isolated audio tracks would be great.

Will be buying several from this batch announced.

I'm pretty sure TT has inquired about Murder by Death and The Cheap Detective. They have indicated they are not available for them to license. Sony has yet to reveal plans of those films or any of the Neil Simon films they own. Hopefully they will not ended up as part of the Choice Collection with BDR transfers.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Well, at least another two months before seeing You Were Never Lovelier..

I'm happy for those of you that wanted some of these. But none for me this time.

TT has indicated they have the title but it is held up with music rights issues. It will get a street date once that has cleared up.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Looking good here, with Bronson and vintage Jackie Chan, but especially Who'll Stop the Rain. This was reissued in 16:9 as a MOD disc, packaged with Rush (91), but on Blu, with the isolated (excellent) score, it'll excel. Brutal Tales, Man in the Moon, and Bridge, too--awaiting spring.

(I'm surprised, giving its "Winner" ways, that TT hasn't gotten to Lawman, with fave Burt Lancaster, yet.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks