What's new

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
"Best of" lists (or any opinion of art or creative endeavours) are necessarily subjective.

I have opinions on best band, best film, etc. but that's just my opinion.

And has anyone seen every film ever made to definitely say one film is the best of all time? It should be more like "best film that I've seen."

Maybe a survey gets to a consensus... but still, it's subjective.
Several years ago, I stopped referring to such lists as "best in..." (music, movies, etc.) and decided to just call them "favorites," my favorites. Yours may differ.
For example, I don't see enough of the great TV shows that are on these days (who can?), so when people start talking about "the best shows of the year," I simply say "my favorites were..."

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Maybe a survey gets to a consensus... but still, it's subjective.

And yet, people continue to misinterpret "consensus". Like with the Oscars, which are really just a consensus of the opinions of the voting members of AMPAS. Other than that those members work in the film industry, their consensus is of no greater value than the consensus of any other random (or not) group of people. But everyone seems to act as if the Oscars are carved on stone tablets and handed down from the Source Divine.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sounds very nice, old fashioned and romantic. Not very Indiana Jones like perhaps. Like an Audrey Hepburn movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I know he was there for Loki and American Born Chinese, but the joy in that photo makes me wish he actually was in the new Indy film too. Wouldn't it be a fun surprise if they snuck him in and didn't tell anyone? I'm not saying we have any evidence of such a thing or that I expect it to happen, but it would be really fun to see if it did happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks