What's new
World Wide Stereo

in wall speaker wiring (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
I plan on redoing the paneling in my family room and thought it would be nice to run the speaker wire behind the wall from the front of the room to the back rear corners for my surround speakers. So one pair of wires would basically go from the front wall straight back to the opposite wall for one speaker and another pair would follow the same route and then hang a right to the opposite corner of the rear wall. I see at http://www.accessories4less.com they have IXOS 4 conductor in wall wire. So can I use 2 of the conductors for the rear right surround speaker and the other 2 for the left surround? Note I would have to split it at about 20' to hook the right speaker up and then continue another 15' to go the left rear. Am I better off just using the 2 conductor wire and running 2 separate pieces to each surround?

Has anyone used this wire? I see they also sell AR wall plates.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DarrenB

Grip
I just did the same thing in a new house and unless you can run the 4 conductor down the middle and then split them for the speaker on each side you'll just be wasting wire. I found that it was just as easy and the wire is cheaper for the 2 conductor. Partsexpress has wire and faceplates cheap as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks