What's new

In-ceiling speakers: Help me pick! (1 Viewer)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the process of looking for in-ceiling speakers to do surround duty for my new house. The HT is in an open area and the wife will NOT approve of anything but in-ceilings.

My current choices are the following:
NHT CS6.1 (or CS6.3) ~$200 ($350 for the 6.3) (86.5dB)
Polk RC60i ~$180 (89dB)
Home Theater Direct AL-R65 ~$120 (89dB)
Infinity ERS10 ~$300 (88dB)

I will not have an opportunity to hear them myself so I will have to rely on your advice. My fronts will be JMLab Electra 920.1's and I'll be powering the surrounds with a mid-range receiver (maybe a Marantz 7300). The NHT's seem to be well-liked but I'm worried about their low sensitivity.

Since they're just surrounds, I'm thinking I may be able to get away with the HTD's (I like their regular speakers). OTOH, people are saying to get the best in-ceilings I can afford.

Help please!!

Eric A

Second Unit
It depend on what you want. I currently run the NHT 6.3's as my side speakers and they are great. Having the Tri-Tweeter array makes the very similar to bipolar speakes and give more of a difuse soundfield. They are more expensive but so not discount their sound and the advantage of the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks