What's new

Need help planning out my home theater (1 Viewer)

theproman23

Auditioning
Real Name
Krishna
So, finally about the time for me to be able work on my basement home theater and wanted some help/tips to plan it out right. The space is 11 by 22 with the height from floor to drop ceiling about 8 feet (about another foot or so from drop ceiling to 1st floor). The wall I'll be projecting on to is 8 by 11 and although I'd like to have a huge screen I don't want a screen that doesn't make sense for the space or has other shortcomings. Also, I keep reading about projectors with a short throw and have seen ones that project from 8 feet away to 4 feet away, are the worth it? Better to go with ones that project from furteher away? Not looking for 4k display epecially given the price range (aiming for about a $1000 to $1500 budget for most of the setup, not sure that's too low?) but would love to have a 3d picture if possible. I plan on using the projector/screen to watch blu ray movies, football and hockey games (through directv) and to play xbox one on (mainly first person shooter games) so would appreciate any guidance people can provide me in picking the right projector/screen for the space and needs. Also any tips on how I should plan the space out (lighting, speakers, equipment, wiring) would be greatly appreciated. PS the space does have 2 glass block windows that are the only source of outside light and I imagine there are tricks to dealing with them as well. Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
If your budget is $1,500 for the entire theater system (speakers, sub, receiver, projector, etc.), you need to budget upwards. Give yourself at least $3,000 - $ 5,000 for a modest system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks