What's new

Importance of qualit rear surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Zach_F

Auditioning
I am tyring to put together my first HT set-up and am wondering the importance of the rear surrounds. So far I have ordered jbl s310 fronts,S-center,denon1802,pan RP56. I was going to get the s36's for rear surrounds, but budget restraints are changing my mind. The Jbl N24 are easly mounted on stands or wall brackets and much cheaper. I have listened to them in the store and they sound alright for $100.00. If I go with the cheap stuff now and upgrade later to the s36's do you think I will ruin the set-up. Thanks for the advice!
:D

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Cheap surrounds are an acceptable temporary alternative. Quality surrounds are important, but not as important as quality mains or a quality subwoofer.

Michael Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think surround are all that important. The N24s should serve you well until you get the upgrade bug. One question though. In your post, you didn't mention any sub. Does this mean you're not going to use a sub with your setup? If that's the case, I think you need to reconsider. A sub is very important in a HT setting IMHO. If budget is a problem, check out Sony's SA-WM40. Nice little sub for the price.

Zach_F

Auditioning
I am looking at subs, at first I was going to hold off but I could really tell the difference in "listening rooms". I will check out that sony thanks for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks