What's new

I'm in need of a certain video cable... BNC to Component (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Well,

As many of you may know, I just bought my first FP!!!

Thing is, this baby is a bit old and all it has is S-video and BNC..

To optimize my connection, I want to go with a BNC cable to my DVD player..

But, my DVD player's best connection is component.

So I'm looking for a cable that has BNC on one end and BNC on the other..

Anybody got these?

I would like one cheap (under $30), and length isn't that much of an issue as my stuff is right next to the projector..

Natahn

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Nathan,
I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the BNC connectors on your projector are for its RGB-HV input. If that is the case you'll need a lot more than just BNC-RCA type cables since Component and RGB are not the same. The first thing that comes to mind that would work for you would be Extron's DVS 150. It accepts component video and can output RGB-HV @ 640x480 which I think is the optimal resolution for your projector. Only problem is that it costs about $2,000. Most of the lower priced scalers and such output 480p at the lowest and from what I've read your projector cannot handle that rez. Methinks S-video may be the best (most economical) choice.
But don't quote me on that! :) It's been awhile since I've kept up with the video end of things. Hopefully someone that knows more that I do can prove me flat out wrong. Best of luck!
Dan Hine

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Check Key Digital's web site. Dan is right in the aspect that you need more. They have a component to RGB converter.

Christian Dolan

Stunt Coordinator
You may want to check the projector's menu first. Some units will accept a component signal through a 5-wire (RGBHV) input, with the appropriate menu setting.

-Christian

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
You can also go to places like www.milestek.com. They can custom make decent cables at reasonable prices and if you need it they also sell an 'S' to 2 composite converter with either BNCs or RCAs and other adapters. Link Removed makes adapters as well.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the BNC can be a composite with different connectors on it, bought a little mini cam to put on my motorcycle that came with a BNC connect on it.. you COULD just go to rat shack and get an RCA connector and clip the BNC and solder on the RCA (which is what I did)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks