What's new

I'm an apple gamer (1 Viewer)

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
That's great! The best thing about those annoying Apple commercials is all of the great parodies that have been made!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
heh, great clip. thanks philip!

jesse, which ones are you talking about? i know gateway made fun of them with the profile, have all the other ones been released only on the internet, or are there others on tv?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised it hasn't been posted here before, it's been around a few months... nothing turned up in a search so it must be all original :D

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah that made the videogame website rounds and then faded away as Ellen Fiess came into her 15 minutes of fame.

TechTVs latest adds are spoofs of the Switch Ad Campaign.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Dude, that's hilarious. "With PCs its so confusing, there are like games everywhere. With Mac its so simple, because there's only 6 and you already played them all on PC 5 or 6 years ago." :D

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Let's keep the Mac bashing to a minimum. I have a Mac and never play games on it. I know tons of people who use Macs and not a single one plays games on it.

A computer is for productivity, in my opinion. I get things done with my Mac, simple as that. I don't have to worry about video cards, processor speed, overclocking, driver compatibilty, etc. etc. I play games on my PS2.

Oh - and all the spoofs of the Switch campaign as well as that nighmare of a wannabe computer Gateway put out are good things for Apple. It means the brand awareness mission is working.

They only have 5% of the computer hardware market and yet everyone seems to be talking about them. Hmm.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I would be inclined to ask you to stay out of a clearly not mac friendly thread if you're going to be offended by the comments within.

Yeah, macs are great. Once their engineers use a GNU licensed kernel to build their new OS.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
:D
I'm just trying to keep this interesting, guys.
I must admit that I found the video a bit funny, because even I think it's pretty funny to think that one can game as well on a Mac as he can on a loaded PC.
Plus, the dude was pretty funny looking.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
My background, complients of penny arcade:
Link Removed
LOL!
Zork... breakout.. (((photoshop...))))
:) :) :)
The whole upgrade thing too... Just pick it up, throw it out, and go get another one. Rofl.
Josh:
I think OSX is great. I think a lot of things about the Mac hardware is great, but so what if you don't use it for gaming? A lot of people do, and the ads they have are just MADE to be spoofed and made fun of.
You sure as shit won't find me sticking up for the Steven, the Dell kid, despite the fact I'm all about my darling PC.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
the new "switch" ad with the filthy 13 year old kid claiming to be an "IT Director" at the end is the best one yet. IT Director of his uncle's barn, maybe.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I've seen many a 13 year-old IT kid, unfortunately.

Have you guys seen the Apple-spondored Will Ferrell spoof? Even Apple is spoofing their own campaign, and it's pretty damn funny.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The best part about those ads is that they were directed by indie-documentary-genius Errol Morris. Although they are largely adapted from his Academy Awards short on movies (which have been ripped off countless times since)- it's still nice to see a rather obscure figure like Morris get some work in a mainstream atmosphere.

Maybe this will mean that some of his older films (namely Vernon, Florida) will make their way to DVD (or heck, even VHS as many have been OOP for 10+ years!)

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks