What's new

Idea for ID4 Sequal... What are the chances... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
That any Movie studio would even look at the thing ifproperly submitted, let alone accept it?

While watching it tonight, I thought up something that could set it up as the next sci-fi franchise. Sort of mixture of Star Wars Action, and Star Trek ideals...

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
Actually, if I remember right..in the past month or two Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich have actually thought of a "grand idea" for the next installment.

They are in the very very early stages of it but it is on the burner from what I hear. They said they would like to reunite all of the cast that they possibly can. Cool!

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
Hmm, I wonder what new and exciting way a Mac Powerbook can save the world.
Can't wait to find out!
:thumbsdown:

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Even through some of the preposterous storylines in ID4, I really liked the movie as good popcorn fun. However, if there is one movie that doesn't deserve a sequel from a story point of view, this is it. Basically, you're gonna get the exact same thing over again. A silly idea, that just goes that much further to prove that Hollywood studio have become nothing but factories for rehashes. They are completely out of ideas. The rehashes have gotten out of hand and need to stop. I mean it's okay to have sequels/ But they've gotten to the point where they rehash everything. Rehashes outnumber original ideas about 10 to 1.
That said, I'll probably be there.;)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed ID4. But, I shudder to think of a sequel. A sequel to this movie would be as bad as the sequel for Training Day will be. Some movies end when they end. But, the studios let the dollars decide that; more power to them.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Studios will not even look at anything you send them regarding a sequel to a possible franchise of theirs. They fear the liability if the one they come up with in any way resembles yours.

The only way you could work on the sequel is have you manager/agent (if you have one) submit a sample script of yours in an attempt to get you the job of actually writing it. Only then will they accept a pitch, i.e. your take on the sequel, which they then decide whether or not to hire you. (This is a super duper long shot).

Try taking the impetus of the idea and adapt it to an original situation with new characters. Then sell it on its own merits.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Maybe new aliens invade but these guys are tall, have long floppy ears and a duck-bill mouth. "Weesa gonna take over yousa world, weesa bomb-bad aliens".

Richard WWW

Stunt Coordinator
If you want to break in as a screenwriter, your only real hope is to write something completely original and sell it. After writing, unless your uncle happens to be Jeffrey Katzenberg or someone similar, you'll have to secure an agent to sell your work in Hollywood. If you just have one idea for an already-existing franchise, there's really no way the studios will listen to you. They don't want to hear the pitch unless they've already seen that you are able to write to a highly successful script.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Most movies do not need sequels. This is definately one of them. Rarely do sequels work the way they are supposed to. Sadly it seems Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks