What's new

ICO...The sequel? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Ran across this while scouring the net:D
Link Removed
I personally have not completed the first ICO game but am finding it very enjoyable! (I recently bought it for 19.95). I know a number of members on the board would love a sequel or at the very least a related game. This may be some good news for you...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would love an ICO 2.

The only thing is, how can they make a sequel?

And am I the only one who was pissed that other versions had secrets the American one didn't?

ChrisV

Second Unit
They can always make a sequel.

I really enjoyed the first ICO and would be glad to have an opportunity to play ICO 2. Excellent "news".

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I /suspect/ this is going to be another game in the Ico "world" rather than a straight sequel. I have absolutely nothing to base that judgement on, of course :)
And am I the only one who was pissed that other versions had secrets the American one didn't?
I have no problem with it whatsoever.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I thought I read that the only other "secret" was that on the Jap-anese ;) version, if you completed the game you'd get to read all the stuff that Yorda was saying instead of those goofy, unreadable subtitles.
Was there more?
Anyhoo, add me to the group that would love to see a sequel! Ico is one of my all time favorite games and, considering I generally love blood/guts/adult themed/violent games, it's really saying something.
Just speculating; they could alwasy do a prequel with the castle up and running in it's previous full glory. Of course, part of my love of the game we have is the quiet, desolate feel to the empty, lifeless, delapidating castle.
Ico drips with atmosphere... :emoji_thumbsup:

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
i may be totally wrong here but I tohught I read somewhere (not sure where) that it wasnt a part 2 but kinda like a spin off... not sure though

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Any game made by the original team that is in the same style as ICO would make me happy.

About secrets...

Some versions had the "see what Yorda was saying" thing, a hidden weapon (different from the mace in the US version), and the ending was a little different.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Ah, I can't wait. ICO is, by far, my favorite video game of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks