What's new

Just finished ICO... (1 Viewer)

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Well, like the title says, I fisnish Ico this morning and have to say that Im sorry the game is over. As frustrating as it was (and as many times as I screamed "Bitch, come on!') the fact that it is over kind of makes me sad. I was astonished at the ending. You truly feel like you know the castle inside and out after playing thru. And for those who haven't finish, DO NOT forget to watch all the credits thru!! It was the icing on the cake...
does anyone know if a sequel is planned? I can't imagine there would be based on the ending CG sequences.
[Edited last by Rob Varto on October 06, 2001 at 11:29 AM]

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Finished it last week and felt the same way you do.
So, what was your take on the end?
Spoiler:So, did Yorda survive? That blackened embodiement of her was definitely her, in my opinion. If it was the queen, she wouldn't have saved Ico. Was the girl on the beach, that looked like Yorda, actually the resurrected Queen? After all, Yorda was only to be the Queen's living receptacle. And, I too have heard the rumors that a sequel is being planned, but...what the hell could they do for a sequel? The castle took a header right into the ocean!
Still, it was a stunning, if a bit short, game. I was honestly depressed when it was over. Kind of like when you finally come to the end of a great book.
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I am playing it now and savoring every minute of it. Since I heard ICO was a little on the short side, I am taking extra time to explore every nook and cranny. So far, this game is an absolute joy to play... totally immersive and totally cool!
Gary
------------------

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Although I loved the game, sometimes you don't NEED to have a sequel, know what I mean? Just because something was done right, and viewed as very good by the masses, some things are just better when they stand alone. Just my opinion... and Derrick, I think you might be right - what else could they do?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It would be cool if the sequel took place with a different person and a different set of circumstances at another castle. They could create a series of castle puzzle games with beautiful graphics and some crazy chick.
I just ordered Time Crisis 2, Silent Hill 2, and ICO today so they should be here within 5-10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks