What's new

I was bored, took pics of my dvd collection (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Hey Neil, where did you get that great DVD storage cabinet?

I’m past the days of having audio/video media displayed openly and want to be able to close them up in a nice cabinet like that. The cabinets I’ve seen here were much shorter than yours and won’t hold as many DVDs.

Does the cabinet have a lock? I don’t want guests to discover that I own the entire Death Wish series!

Jay Taylor

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Here's my collection. I was somewhat disappointed by the article in the Onion, since I had recently wanted to buy Bedazzled new for 6 bucks, but now I'm just going to have to push that desire back down and spend my money on a DVD which won't be mocked by most of the Home Theater Community. *sigh*

Also, don't ask if I have some still-sealed dvds, because the answer would be 'yes'. I have a problem with that. Working on getting around to opening and watching all of them sometime this decade.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I got that cabinet here. It shipped from Canada in two boxes. The directions were alright, nothing great. I had to re-do some of it after it was initially completed, since I was very unhappy with the fixed shelves.

And yes, it has a lock on it to hide the fact that I have two copies of Star Trek V.

Neil

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I was bored, and actually looked at pictures of your DVD collection. ;)

JK... glad to see you also have the 'Burbs and Big Trouble in Little China. Two of my favs.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Not at all. I did have to take the whole thing apart to do it, but the fixed shelves can go anywhere.

Neil

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Of those movies, I have:

Collateral Damage
Evolution
The Sixth Day and
Space Cowboys

I will admit to at one time owning Driven, Bedazzled, and the 2002 Time Machine, but sold all 3 because of how terrible they were.

As for the whole thing about older movies, out of 423 DVDs, I dont have many either. The only pre 1975 movies I have in my collection (off the top of my head) are:

The Exorcist
The Godfather Trilogy
Rosemary's Baby
The Time Machine (1960)
Planet of the Apes (1968)
Logan's Run

and a 2 Disney Classics:

Lady and the Tramp
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Orvisg

Stunt Coordinator
Neil: Thats a nice looking unit. How many DVD's is it designed to hold. Where did you buy it ? What was its cost if you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance.

David Holm

Grip
Gregg - I use to have a problem not opening discs as well - until I opened up a recent purchase about a month old (Robin Hood POT SE) to discover it contained 2 copies of disc 1 instead of both disc 1 and disc 2. It was a real pain getting it replaced but I always open my discs now to make sure the right ones are there and have no obvious defects...

Dave

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've got some pictures up here (scroll down to see some DVD collection pics). Good to have them in case your house burns down. It happened to someone I know, and it's amazing how tough it was for them to list all of their titles.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I like Neil's rack too.

...god that sounds SO wrong...

Anyway, I was just looking at it online and noted they have three different sizes of this nice rack. Also, they have many other types of storage solutions.

Hmmm... a bit pricey for my tastes, but cool nonetheless. I have Ikea's "Bonde" bookshelves myself.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Ok ... I'll play along.

Click HERE

Have about 130 DVD's. Since I have begun to rent from Netflix about 3 months ago I have not bought anyhting.

The ones in my collection now really all mean something to me. There are specific memories attached to each and everyone of those movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks