What's new

I want Jessie's girl... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Guys, how many times, you meet a friend's new girlfriend, and you come away thinking "Why couldn't I meet that girl first?" That's the "I want Jessie's girl" syndrome.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
No, but what about when you meet a girl and you want her to go out with you, but she later meets your best friend and goes out with him instead? Now that's happened to me. :frowning:

SteveA

Supporting Actor
How about when you meet a girl and she eventually "does" you AND all your buddies? Now THAT'S the kind of girl you wanna meet!

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
My scenerio is even worse.

Moved in with two women. Both in relationships. Met one of my roommates friends and dated her for over a year. Finally broke up and started to fall for my roommate (the one that is best friends with my ex, who is now single again). Told her how I feel about her and she told me she feels the same way about me. However, because she's so close to my ex, she can't cross that line with me (at least not yet, because it's too soon...less than two months).

So, I live with the girl I want to date, she wants to date me too, but because of who I just dated, I cannot do anything about it.

Now that sucks.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, I totally feel your pain. That has happened to me so many times it has ceased to be funny. The worst part is my guy friends knew how I felt about the girls, but it didn't stop them from going out (and in two cases, marrying them), yet I was expected to just stop the feelings I had once they started going out.

I am writing a book about it!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
[violin music]

Hey how about having a brother all the chicks dig, and he's younger, better looking, & taller than you. Any and all girls you have an interest in immediately go for him first. Now that HAS to be the worst feeling ever.

Believe me I know. :

[/violin music]

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
So, I live with the girl I want to date, she wants to date me too, but because of who I just dated, I cannot do anything about it.
That's shitty. I'm guessing there's a lot of "self-gratification" going on over there, huh Evan? ;) When I was stuck in a very similar situation, I know that's pretty much what I did :)
Don't worry though, eventually it all gets sorted out.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Joe, you hit the nail on the head.

Supposedly, my ex is going to be moving to Boston soon, which might open a window of opportunity. I'm suppose to have lunch with her tomorrow. I have no idea if it's a peace offering or another one of her "I'll be better, I miss you so much" speeches.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I thought you were all talking about Uncle Jessie's girl, aka Rebecca Romijn Stamos. I wish I had her too...

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I had a buddy in high school that looked like he had stepped out of the pages of GQ. Girls adored him and, for the most part, he treated them like crap. I became tired of having an attractive girl approach only to ask "So who is your friend? Can you introduce me to him???"

BTW, would Rick Springfield's hair from the 1980s be considered a mullet? Just curious...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Clinton is correct about that certain lyric.

*cue guitar riff*

That song still makes me cry sometimes...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I had a buddy in high school that looked like he had stepped out of the pages of GQ. Girls adored him and, for the most part, he treated them like crap
I'm wondering if a correspondingly good looking woman treats guys the same way. Unless he's GQ good looking...

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
Weird how this topic came up. I was just down in California visiting a friend of mine, who has the most perfect girlfriend on the face of the earth. (At least in my eyes.) He didn't steal her away from me or anything. I hardly even knew her before they started dating. Now that I've hung out with her a few times, I've learned how great she is. She is pretty much exactly everything I would want in a girl, and I've sort of fallen in love with her because of it. I would never say or do anything about it. In fact I'm happy that my friend has such a great girl. I'm just jealous.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
You're all a bunch of whiners... you know there are other girls out there, but it's easier to sit and complain about how other guys get all the great girls than finding that great girl yourself. Get over it...
OK, that might be a little too harsh, but it's the truth and you know it. :D
But I know how good it feels to whine sometimes. :)
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks