What's new

I tunes purchase (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I purchased 5 volumes of Classic Dragnet radio episodes from I tunes. Are they able to be burned to CDs or DVD discs? Or is apple not going to allow that?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
At one time, you could add tracks to a playlist then burn the playlist to disc in iTunes. I haven’t burnt discs in a long time but I assume the option is still there.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
I purchased 5 volumes of Classic Dragnet radio episodes from I tunes. Are they able to be burned to CDs or DVD discs? Or is apple not going to allow that?

Apple got rid of DRM on iTunes music purchases long ago. So apart from whatever iTunes lets you do as far as burning playlists to audio CDs, you should be able to copy the .m4a files anywhere, and play them on just about anything which supports AAC. AAC is a standard compressed audio format, so there are lots of "MP3" players and smart phones which can play the files directly.

If you're using a Mac, and you want to get direct access to the .m4a flles, for the purpose of, e.g., transferring them to an Android phone, you can select the tracks in iTunes and drag them to the Desktop, to make working copies.

Note that for TV shows, movies, and music videos, Apple continues to use DRM. As far as I know, iTunes doesn't allow you to burn DRMed videos to DVD-Video discs, even a limited number of times.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Note that for TV shows, movies, and music videos, Apple continues to use DRM. As far as I know, iTunes doesn't allow you to burn DRMed videos to DVD-Video discs, even a limited number of times.
Yeah I downloaded a NASA Documentary and tried to make my own DVD and found out that Apple DRMed that which I thought Silly since I paid for the Documentary but It was 8 years ago and I knew no better at the time. By the way, the Dragnet radio show recordings include the Sponsorship ad for Fatima Cigarettes. As an 80s kid, I think that is the coolest thing ever

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks