What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Announcement: Looney Tunes Collectors Choice Volume 1 (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
oSW9Ldb.jpg

All blu-ray premieres – uncut – with physical media exclusives that are not on HBO-Max streaming, or MeTV broadcast: including Bugs Bunny in Chuck Jones’ Beanstalk Bunny (1955) and Arthur Davis’ 1947 Catch As Cats Can – a zany cartoon featuring a Crosby parrot and a Sinatra canary and a loopy, early version of Sylvester. Other cartoons on this hilarious set include Frank Tashlin’s A Tale Of Two Mice (1945), Robert McKimson’s Daffy Doodles (1946) and Friz Freleng’s His Bitter Half (1950).

Additional titles will be announced shortly; as will the official street date, which is looking now like late May. We’ve said this before – but its true: future volumes depend on sales on this first set. Pre-orders should begin later this week (we will update this page with an Amazon link as soon as we get one).

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
New to blu-ray and not available on streaming or broadcast, apparently. I'm not clear if they've ever appeared on the Golden Collection DVD's.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Unrestored prints of Beanstalk Bunny & Catch as Cats Can have run on MeTV's "Toon In With Me".

So glad Warner Archive is releasing this !

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I don't see Elmer Fudd or Speedy Gonzales on the cover art work. Any with them on this?

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
What do they mean by “collector’s choice”? Are some of these shorts new to video?
All will be new to Blu-ray. At least two of the so-far announced titles, Catch As Cats Can and Beanstalk Bunny have never been on DVD. Others have shown up on DVD only as bonus features on feature film releases, but in analog, made-for-broadcast transfers.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
All will be new to Blu-ray. At least two of the so-far announced titles, Catch As Cats Can and Beanstalk Bunny have never been on DVD. Others have shown up on DVD only as bonus features on feature film releases, but in analog, made-for-broadcast transfers.
Thank you! I hope to get this set.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
If Archive is now going to handle Bugs and company, does this mean no more regular physical releases for the general public?
I'm not sure what impact you mean.
The only difference between MOD Blu-Ray and non-MOD Blu-Ray is whether they show up on physical store shelves.

They are all usually available on Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, BN.com, Amazon, DeepDiscount, Bullmoose, etc.

Can you walk into your local Walmart or Best Buy and see it on the shelf - no. But is that likely with the majority of other releases nowadays, probably not.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I don't know about this.
A random selection of shorts?
I would be all over this if I knew they will release all shorts in chronological order (or by star at least).

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'm not sure what impact you mean.
The only difference between MOD Blu-Ray and non-MOD Blu-Ray is whether they show up on physical store shelves.

They are all usually available on Walmart.com, Target.com, BestBuy.com, BN.com, Amazon, DeepDiscount, Bullmoose, etc.

Can you walk into your local Walmart or Best Buy and see it on the shelf - no. But is that likely with the majority of other releases nowadays, probably not.

Archive releases aren't sold in stores

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I'm happy to see the Looney Tunes move to WAC, but a best-of isn't really oriented to collectors IMO. I hope they can eventually work with asset management and whatever streaming platform the shorts will be on to finish the catalog, and then release a full BD set for collectors. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks