What's new

I need to get rid of my 20" Sony... (1 Viewer)

george.Legeza

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I don't really "need" to get rid of it. Right now I have a 20" Sony Wega which I absolutely love. The picture quality is spectacular (to my eye anyway, although I'll admit that it's not like I've had the pleasure of viewing lots of high-end tube TVs) and it worked great for me in my old room, but my family has moved recently and I'm in a much larger room. This is great except for the fact it makes it all too obvious how small this TV really is especially since I enjoy watching movies quite a bit. So here's my question...
This new room is roughly 14' x 12'. The TV is placed up against the short wall and the viewing position is about 13' away, 1' from the opposite wall. I want a slightly larger TV, but I'm not sure how big I need to go. I also want picture quality close to the Sony, but I'm not sure that I can really afford something like a 27" Sony. As a matter of fact, I'm almost positive that I can't afford it. :) What would be your advice to me? What size would serve my needs and what brands should I be looking at? I should note that part of the reason I'm asking so many questions is because I probably won't have a chance to look at all of my options myself since I plan to order online (cheaper). Also, I'm trying to make sure I get another flat screen since the TV isn't always viewed from straight on.
Thanks!

Evan Hartnett

Stunt Coordinator
Samsung makes a pretty nice flat screen that goes for around $400, youshould be able to find it at Best Buy. Out of the box it doesn't look all that wonderful but once you get it calibrated with VE or Avia it looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks