KV27-FS100 or KV27-FS200?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by george.Legeza, Jan 1, 2003.

1. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

Heh, I just keep finding more and more things that I need to upgrade, so I guess it's finally time to get rid of my 20" Wega. I'm looking at 27" TVs in the $450-$550 range (and that is stretching my budget as far as it'll go) and the Sony KV27-FS100 seems to have the best picture quality of the bunch I was looking at (Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, and Toshiba). I was ready to go out and buy one until I noticed that on Best Buy's website that they were selling a Sony KV27-FS200. It looks like the only difference between the 200 and the 100 is PIP (a feature I don't really need and would probably never use), but I haven't had a chance to go down to the store and actually look yet. Are there any other major differences between these two models? Anything else to make the FS200 worth the extra $50?

2. Dan Ponze

Dan Ponze Stunt Coordinator

Nope. Just PIP.

3. george.Legeza

george.Legeza Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, in that case it looks like I'll be going with the FS100... maybe. [​IMG]
    I just noticed that Circuit City is selling the JVC AV27F703 (27" Flat screen as well) for the same price. This TV seems to be getting fairly good reviews, especially from quite a few people who seem to have had bad luck with their Sonys.
    Obviously I'll check out the picture quality on the JVC and Sony in person, but can anyone who's used the JVC let me know how they like it? $500 is a big investment for me, after all. [​IMG]
    Thanks!