What's new

I need some confirmation about video card... (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Hey all,

Here is my situation. I have a P3 500 with 256MB ram and a 16mb TNT2 video card. I was having lines on my monitor when applications were opened. So I bought a new Geforce2 Ti with 64mb ram for $60 online. Just installed it about an hour ago, and problem fixed...it was my video card, the lines are gone. However, I also thought I would be getting much better performance in 3d games such as Wolfenstein etc.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that my processor is not fast enough for the video card. The textures are better while playing, but the framerate hasn't improved one bit.

Can anybody here confirm my belief about this? I think if I put the same card in a P4 system it would be smokin. What do you all think?

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Paul,

you should be seeing better performance, even with all the eye candy enabled. Make sure you have the latest drivers and version of DirectX installed, and also try disabling lock on vsync for both d3d and ogl.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks