What's new

I need help with subwoofer compatibility (1 Viewer)

joseph vierling

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
So here is my problem I recently upgraded my subwoofer in my home theater and thats all good and all but if possible i would like to connect the old sub to my receiver in my office the only problem it that my receiver in my office does not have a subwoofer out (LFE) and the sub only has an LFE input is there some sort of speaker line level to subwoofer LFE adapter i can Buy? Thanks

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
So here is my problem I recently upgraded my subwoofer in my home theater and thats all good and all but if possible i would like to connect the old sub to my receiver in my office the only problem it that my receiver in my office does not have a subwoofer out (LFE) and the sub only has an LFE input is there some sort of speaker line level to subwoofer LFE adapter i can Buy? Thanks
Welcome! The make and model of receiver and perhaps a pic of the back of your sub would help a lot. There's really no such thing as an LFE input. LFE is simply a dedicated Low Frequency Effects signal routed to the sub by receivers when playing content that supports it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks