What's new

I need HELP!! Screwed up my Samsung TV! (1 Viewer)

Steven Divita

Auditioning
Well, my SAmsung TXM2796HF 27" HD's screen, over the last few months, seemed to be growing on the left and right sides of the screen. Like the picture was 2" bigger on either side than what the screen was showing. So smarty pants me finds out how to get in to the Service Menu. You can see where this is going......So I poke around where I shouldnt be, and now the screen is all wavy and all over the place. I tried as best I could to get it straight, but its just not right. I know there is a 'RESET' option in the service menu, but it doesnt seem to do anything. Is there any other resets to get to, to get it back to the factory defaults? If not, and I know this would be a PIA, but if someone has the same TV, could you find out what the value's are for everything in 'DEFLECTION', and 'VIDEO ADJUST 3'?
If I can get this thing looking right, I swear, I wont TOUCH the service menu again, lesson learned!
Thanks for reading this

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Good Luck on this one. No two sets have identical settings.

While on the assembly line ... there is a set of default values to start out ... but all get fine tuned well beyond these settings by the time they get boxed and shipped.

Just be aware that blindly putting in someone else's settings can be a bad thing.

It may be easier to take a geometry test pattern and slowly rebuild your image one parameter at a time.

Regards

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Did the same thing with my Philips after after multiple other problems with it. Had to go through each value slowly and try to come up with a reasonable looking picture. I've replaced that TV since but it's a real pain in the ass to get it back to normal. I now have a Samsung and I know the two values that affect this part of the image is upper and lower corner.

Try adjusting those values with a grid pattern or something with vertical lines to see if you can kind of get it back to normal. Good luck man, I feel your pain, since I did this with 2 TVs. I got lucky with the Samsung and got it back to normal before making too much of a mess of things since there were only 2 values to screw up instead of the 10 in the Philips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks