What's new

I need help picking an online game. (1 Viewer)

I just got online for ps2 and xbox and i was wondering what games to get. I only want suggestions that aren't football or major leaguue sppports.

Leo_P

Second Unit
If you're into first person shooters, Rainbow Six 3 is the best of the bunch for XBL IMHO. The other FPS that's real popular right now is Counter-Strike. I'm not really digging Counter-Strike, but alot of people play it, so keep it in mind. SOF 2 should be avoided like the plague.:thumbsdown: Wolfenstein WAS a great game but most migrated to other games AND the game has been "hacked". Unreal Championship is a good mindless frag-fest, but I don't know how many folks still play. Ghost Recon and GR:IT are good tactical FPS'.
I'm NOT a sports guy and I really don't like golf but I got Links and this game is really fun.
MechAssault's another game alot of people around here had fun with. Crimson Skies is another game most people around here like, but I don't.
The best piece of advice I can give you though, has nothing to do with a game. It's this: with Xbox Live it's all about the friend's list. Places like this and "other" forums are a good place to start meeting people with XBL and whenever you have a good session with a cool person, send them a friend invite. 'Cause there are WAAAAAY too many asshats out there and if you don't have a "core" group of people to play with, you'll most likely be disappointed.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
I can't recomend Crimson Skies highly enough. It is so simple that you can be killing people online in a few minutes. And it is incredably fun and addictive. I have had trouble putting it down.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Addination to the games listed above, I do suggest Star Wars : Jedi Academy. Can't be playing online against people with a lightsaber while pushing some fool off a cliff. :D

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Another title if you dig racing is MotoGP 2 - one of the slickest, best live experiences out there.
It's also hard to find. Used copies will run ~$30-40, and factory sealed ones can command $60 and higher (applies to the Xbox version only).

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Here are some PlayStation 2 online titles I can recommend:
  • ATV Offroad Fury 3
  • Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30*
  • Burnout 3: Takedown*
  • Burnout Revenge*
  • Call of Duty: Finest Hour*
  • Champions: Return to Arms
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  • Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition*
  • Mortal Kombat: Deception*
  • Need For Speed Underground
  • Need For Speed Underground 2
  • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
  • SOCOM: US Navy SEALs
  • SOCOM: US Navy Seals II
  • Star Wars Battlefront*
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw

* also available on Xbox Live

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
[MotoGP2] is also hard to find. Used copies will run ~$30-40, and factory sealed ones can command $60 and higher (applies to the Xbox version only).
It's out of print? If you're interested in MotoGP (amazing as indicated above, online and off) I just noticed that MotoGP3 is now out. More of everything it seems. And from a quick glance it looks like it's pulled a page out of Project Gotham 2's book for merging offline and online play (stats, for example).

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
X-Men Legends II is said to have online co-op which sounds like it will kick ass. Plus you get to fight Apocalypse, what's not to like? :)

Another vote for Burnout Revenge (xbox). Put the idiots on mute, listen to your custom soundtrack that you ripped, and face human opponents while you race. It's not perfect by any means as it's too easy to get taken down, but it's still damn fun. You can even compete online in crash mode.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
X-Men Legends II is said to have online co-op which sounds like it will kick ass. Plus you get to fight Apocalypse, what's not to like?
It also has some serious online implementation issues including restrictions on what resolution and television standard you're playing at. So if you are playing on a widescreen TV (with widescreen enabled in the dashboard) and 480p, while your friend is playing on a regular 4x3 standard set; you won't be able to play with each other. You will need to turn off 480p and widescreen in the dashboard to play with your buddies. Works the exact same if you are playing in 720p (the game does support it).

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm still looking for some Playstation 2 X-men out there.
I know the game is fairly new, but I haven't been able to find anybody yet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks