What's new

I need help and advise about my Sony DAV-C900. (1 Viewer)

BrentJ

Second Unit
Hello everyone I'm new to this messageboard and I'm also new to home theater equipment. I recently purchased the sony DAV-C900 dvd home theater system, it should arrive around tuesday. I'm on a budget so I can't really afford the high dollar equipment. I chose this because I enjoy sony products.
I was hoping to find out from some of you pros if this is a decent setup? I also would appreciate it if someone could take time to check the link and tell me what cables that are not included that are must haves. As I said before I'm new to home theater systems and setup. So, when my system arrives next tuesday I would like to be able to have all the proper cables. Thanks for your time and help!
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...AVC900&o=m&a=0
:)

BrentJ

Second Unit
Please someone help me with this. I joined this forum because I noticed alot of advise being passed on from experienced people to newbies. I really hope someone helps. thanks

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
While I am hardly a pro, I bought Sony's very first "Dream System" the DAV-S300 2 years ago and have never had a problem with it whatsoever. I replaced the center channel speaker (couldn't handle the volume I was throwing at it), but otherwise, I have had no complaints whatsoever, and the center channel likely would have been fine for anybody who doesn't like to absolutely blast their volume. And all I replaced it with was a cheapie $60 KLH center channel speaker that more than does the trick. Since this one is a much higher end model than mine, I would bet that all the speakers are more than capable of whatever you would throw at them. As for what cables you should purchase, since it looks like it only comes with composite cables (the regular old white, red and yellow RCA kind), if your TV has an S-Video input, buy yourself an S-Video cable, as the picture is much improved just by using a $10 S-video cable as opposed to the old composites. If your TV has component inputs (they look like red, blue, and green versions of the RCA/composite inputs), then by all means by a component video cable, as it will give you the best picture of all.

With these Sony all in one units, all you really need to buy is a video cable for your TV's best type of input...all the speaker cable and stuff is included in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks