What's new

I need a sub, but do I need anything too big? SVS. (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I have a yamaha reciever and a pair of boston vr-950's, dual 5 1/4's. They apperently go down to about 50hz. Well I listened to the matrix reloaded the other morning and the amount/loudness of the bass was pretty nice. I dont think I need it much louder. Now the thing is though I want a seperate LFE channel and for it to drop lower. Subsonic would be great. But I dont really need or even want to have that much more volume. I just want it to play lower and cleaner. Do I need an SVS and if I do would I be fine with a smaller one?

My room is about medium size... i think about 200sq ft. It has a vaulted ceiling, and 3 openings, one door way on one side to the kitchen, one doorway on the same side to the dining room, and one "window" on that same side to the dining room. I have a wall to wall fire place on the oposite side.

Well thanks in advance.

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same situation for the past two years. Mainly music listening on a 2.0 system. I have Klipsch mains with 8" woofers down to 40Hz, who needs a sub?

Got a surround receiver, center and surround speakers for a 5.0 set-up a year ago. Bass sounds pretty good to my ears even on the HT movies, who needs a sub?

Got the itch after reading this forum over the past year and found it hard to believe there was that much low-end stuff I was missing. Demo'd some subs at the usual B&Ms and was not too impressed.

I needed a high WAF unit, and basic black was not it. SVS came out with the colored PB1-ISDs (smallest box they have as my room is about the saem size as yours). Now we're getting somewhere. After all the rave reviews and SVS return policy I decided to buy.

I've had it now for 1 month, and little did I know how much I needed a sub! My whole HT experience doubled by adding my SVS. There _is_ that much low audio content (even on the 2.1 music side), and I am now a convert (as are my kids).

Who needs a sub? I DID! You do as well, you just don't know it yet!

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well I dont want alot of "shake the walls, knock over pictures, neighbors complaining" bass. :-D Would a PB1 ISD be fine?

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Jesse,

I find it hard to believe that this question hasn't already been answered in some of the other threads you've started recently.

Including:

I want a really really strong sub. Sunfire or is SVS the way to go?

Boston Sub or SVS?

Is it important to have a sub that can go below 20hz?

What is a really clean musical sub?

Well I think Sunfire is the way im going to go.

Super Cube Reference... for Awsome deal?

Im concerned about purchasing SVS.

Sunfire or SVS? I think I want to adition these.

We're all happy to answer any questions that you may have, but we can't make your decision for you.

JKS

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Jesse,

I just bought an SVS 20-39 PC+ and I live in Westminster, CO. If you want to come by and listen to it feel free (I think you are in Aurora?) Maybe that can quell your insatiable need to try before you buy, maybe not. Send me a PM if you want to do that, we can set something up in Feb.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Yeah - omg - I think he's the DefTech for life guy. I can't believe there's yet another SVS thread by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks