What's new

I Miss White Cheddar Wheatables- Your Favorite Discontinued Snack? (1 Viewer)

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I have been bummed for quite some time about Keebler discontinuing White Cheddar Wheatables. They were, in my opinion, the PERFECT snack. They went extroardinarily well with good beer. They had a great coating of that fake white cheddar flavor that you had to wipe off your fingers every five minutes...

And no large Ring-Dings anymore... Anyone remember the ones about 4-5" across? Oh, they were good.

Anyone else miss a favorite snack food?

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Jalapeno Fritos. they were available for a short time when i lived in Hawaii, '87-'89, haven't seen them since. i know that Hawaii is often used as a test market, possibly they failed...

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I loved those white cheddar wheatables! I didn't even know that they had stopped making them. :frowning:

LewB

Screenwriter
Basically anything made by Eagle snacks. I was especially fond of the honey roasted peanuts. If I recall correctly they were bought from Anheuser Busch by Frito Lay (Pepsi) and the brand was squashed. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em :angry: :angry:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
DriveThru chip/fries were pretty good i thought...

Its been awhile since i had some ThunderCrunch Jalepeno, but i think they still make 'em.

Ben_D

Agent
They don't make Jell-O Pudding Pops anymore, do they? And I liked the regular gelatin pops, too.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'm not much of a snack guy, but that's probably because both of my favorites were discontinued:

Flaming Hot Lay's - any barbecue chip that's as fire-engine red as my car deserves some consideration!

Texas Grill Frito's - I've heard rumors that these are still around, albeit with a new name. Oddly enough, I could never find these when I lived in Texas...

Todd K

Second Unit
There was in fact a chip called O'Boises made by Keebler. Their motto was "O'Boises are O'Boitsterous."

They were decent, but in retrospect I don't think they were that unique of a chip.

Scott De

Grip
Keebler also put out some good Graham'n'Go Snack Mixes a couple of years ago...one was peanut butter and the other was apple cinnamon.

Keebler introducing great snacks and then discontinuing them seems to be a common theme...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:laugh: craig...

DID THEY DISCONTINUE THUNDERCRUNCH CHIPS???! i went to safeway and they were nowhere to be found>>> cant find them at 7-11 either!

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Not really a snack but I cant seem to find Frosted Rice Krispies anywhere! :angry: Probably the only cereal I like and no one near me carries it! But now that I think of it there is a snack I miss, Striped Chips Ahoy! cookies. Do they even make these anymore? Ive havent seem them in ages. Keebler makes a similar cookie but its just not the same... :frowning:

Luis S

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Nabisco used to make a yummy snack cracker, Sip 'N Chips. Haven't been available for decades. But they were gooood. :)

SnackWell's decided to discontinue its Toaster Pastry line, which featured some good flavors, strawberry & chocolate, with next-to-no fat.

Anybody remember "Milk Chocolate" Pop-Tarts? These were good too. So, naturally....they must be discontinued! :angry:

I also noted that "Crush" Orange Soda doesn't exist any more either. I believe the Orange division of Crush has merged into "Sunkist". Another Classic bites the dust. :frowning:

You CAN still get other flavors of Crush, however. Strange.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I miss Qwisp cereal.

Apparently Hostess Chocodiles are still being made, somewhere, but I haven't seen one in ages...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks