I Miss White Cheddar Wheatables- Your Favorite Discontinued Snack?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by James Edward, Apr 26, 2003.

1. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

I have been bummed for quite some time about Keebler discontinuing White Cheddar Wheatables. They were, in my opinion, the PERFECT snack. They went extroardinarily well with good beer. They had a great coating of that fake white cheddar flavor that you had to wipe off your fingers every five minutes...

And no large Ring-Dings anymore... Anyone remember the ones about 4-5" across? Oh, they were good.

Anyone else miss a favorite snack food?

2. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

Jalapeno Fritos. they were available for a short time when i lived in Hawaii, '87-'89, haven't seen them since. i know that Hawaii is often used as a test market, possibly they failed...

3. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I loved those white cheddar wheatables! I didn't even know that they had stopped making them. [​IMG]

4. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Basically anything made by Eagle snacks. I was especially fond of the honey roasted peanuts. If I recall correctly they were bought from Anheuser Busch by Frito Lay (Pepsi) and the brand was squashed. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    DriveThru chip/fries were pretty good i thought...

Its been awhile since i had some ThunderCrunch Jalepeno, but i think they still make 'em.

6. Scott Thomas

Scott Thomas Second Unit

I loved Mr. Phips Pretzels Chips

7. Ben_D

Ben_D Agent

They don't make Jell-O Pudding Pops anymore, do they? And I liked the regular gelatin pops, too.

8. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

O'Boisies or was it O'Briens? Type of potato chip by keebler I believe

9. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

I'm not much of a snack guy, but that's probably because both of my favorites were discontinued:

Flaming Hot Lay's - any barbecue chip that's as fire-engine red as my car deserves some consideration!

Texas Grill Frito's - I've heard rumors that these are still around, albeit with a new name. Oddly enough, I could never find these when I lived in Texas...

10. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

Chuck,

I think it was O'Briens -- a really thick chip with "the works." I miss that one too.

11. Todd K

Todd K Second Unit

There was in fact a chip called O'Boises made by Keebler. Their motto was "O'Boises are O'Boitsterous."

They were decent, but in retrospect I don't think they were that unique of a chip.

12. Scott De

Scott De Extra

Keebler also put out some good Graham'n'Go Snack Mixes a couple of years ago...one was peanut butter and the other was apple cinnamon.

Keebler introducing great snacks and then discontinuing them seems to be a common theme...

13. James Edward

James Edward Supporting Actor

Yes! I remember them. Anything they made was top quality- chips, pretzels, etc.

14. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

15. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    [​IMG] craig...

DID THEY DISCONTINUE THUNDERCRUNCH CHIPS???! i went to safeway and they were nowhere to be found>>> cant find them at 7-11 either!

16. Luis S

Luis S Supporting Actor

Not really a snack but I cant seem to find Frosted Rice Krispies anywhere! [​IMG] Probably the only cereal I like and no one near me carries it! But now that I think of it there is a snack I miss, Striped Chips Ahoy! cookies. Do they even make these anymore? Ive havent seem them in ages. Keebler makes a similar cookie but its just not the same... [​IMG]

Luis S

17. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Nabisco used to make a yummy snack cracker, Sip 'N Chips. Haven't been available for decades. But they were gooood. [​IMG]

SnackWell's decided to discontinue its Toaster Pastry line, which featured some good flavors, strawberry & chocolate, with next-to-no fat.

Anybody remember "Milk Chocolate" Pop-Tarts? These were good too. So, naturally....they must be discontinued! [​IMG]

I also noted that "Crush" Orange Soda doesn't exist any more either. I believe the Orange division of Crush has merged into "Sunkist". Another Classic bites the dust. [​IMG]

You CAN still get other flavors of Crush, however. Strange.

18. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

I miss Qwisp cereal.

Apparently Hostess Chocodiles are still being made, somewhere, but I haven't seen one in ages...

19. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    They brought back Quisp a couple years ago. I saw some at Albertsons the other day.

20. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    They brought back Quisp a couple years ago. I saw some at Albertsons the other day.