What's new

I like to drink beer and get rowdy. (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Zen, How's'aboot some of dat Pete's wicked ale for a six pack of...Molson Canadian? :emoji_thumbsup:
Just kidding...but that sounds like a good one and I never see it in WA, where I go quite a bit.

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Beer Bad! :P
I've been in college for the past 7 years and am loving every minute of it. I will lament the day when getting drunk with friends on a tuesday is out of the ordinary. :D
Zen, sounds like you've got some good taste in beer, but since I live in texas, my beverage of choice is Shiner.
ps. I'm less the drunk'n'rowdy type than I am the drunk'n'stupidsilly type. :)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I believe the Molson and Labatts imported to the US is a weaker variety.... Even the Bud up in Canada has a bite to it. Next HTF/BeerSwill Meet up in Canada ?

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
The original Bud beer is from the Czech Republic (Budweir, or something like that - any Czech HT fans here?). When I was in Prague from 91-93, the beer came in 1 litre bottles, and was about 10% alcohol. A case cost about 4 bucks!
Next HTF/BeerSwill Meet up in Canada
There's only been one HT meet in the Lower mainland of BC; quite dissapointing. Rain (I think) tried to get one going and it didn't fly. Perhaps if the HT bond isn't enough to get ue together, maybe the beer will do it!:emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I love Czech beer.

Anyway.. my friends and I like to sit around drinking and talking about breaking things... does that count?

Sometimes I will fall down.. and break my nose... or a glass.

I did break a toilet once when I was drunk... I'll let you all ponder that one.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
No offense but the last time I had a Molson or Labatt's, mineral water was the first thing that came to mind.
That's because you were drinking the imported Molson or Labatts. Try the real stuff that is sold in Canada -- it's much better. I love Molson Export purchased from our neighbors across the river.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
That's because you were drinking the imported Molson or Labatts
I've tried the Canadian stuff, it's considerably better. I have come to realize over the years I just don't like any Pilsner or Lager, just to damn light, in any alcohol content. Give me an ale or stout any day. Now if there are any Canadian ales up there, I would sure try those. I'll give you guys the whiskey thing though. Canadians make damn good whiskey.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Candian beer has no more 'punch' than a good american beer (no, I'm not talking about Coors, Miller, and Bud).
5% alcohol in Canada is measured by volume, and is the same as 4% alcohol in the USA, which is measured by weight.
This whole weight-versus volume thing is largely responsible for belief around the world that export beer is watered down for the USA/NA. Many people think that draft Guiness is made of a different formula for North America; it is actually the exact same formula as used in Ireland. Many people think bottled Guiness (Extra Stout) has lower alcohol than european Guiness, it is actually the same or higher, depending on which kind you compare to (there is more than one kind of bottled Guiness).
I'm not saying that Molson and LaBatts don't make different beers for the different markets, but there's plenty of beer I drink right here in the USofA that will kick either in the ass.
FYI, I love Canada, its culture, and its people.
The worst thing about drinking Canadian beer here is it sits light-exposed in green bottles for too long and it skunks up.
My 'regular' beer I drink at my 'local' is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, but I drink lots of other more obscure stuff elsewhere.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
"Oh yeah, and sometimes I like to break stuff too. "
Sounds like you're a real man! :confused:

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator
Budvar is the name you're thinking of, Peter.
England is the only country where both the A&B bottled rice-water and the real Budweiser can BOTH use the names 'Budweiser' and 'Bud'. I love winding bar staff up by asking for a 'Bud' and then rejecting it in favour of a real one. Any I can waste (legitimately, cos I'ma llowed to call it that) then I do.
You can get the real one in the US, it's called Czechvar becuase A&B are too big for them to win their natural right to use their original name.
Give me real Bud any day :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The whole issue of the diluted, beer-flavored water being sold in American supermarkets traces its roots back to Prohibition. Believe it or not, before the dark days of government enforcement of our right to imbibe, American beer was strong, flavorful stuff. Budweiser back then, I understand, was not the miserable, undrinkable mess that it is today. Somehow, someway, during the decade-long nightmare that was Prohibition, Americans' taste for beer had changed. As a nation, we lost the ability to appreciate critically and aesthetically what beer can be.

Now it's nothing more than a bland-tasting, pissing-enhancement tool. Those who love beer go instead to the imports or the microbrews. But, then, you all know that.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I cannot wait until Friday. My buddy will be down from Vegas and we are spending some quality time at the Steelhead brewery in Irvine. Man, I'm drooling already. Then, off to the fire pit for a cigar...then, off to The Green Room for a movie or two.
Oh, but it doesn't end there. Saturday, Disneyland for most of the day with stops at the Naples resturant in Downtown Disney for an excellent Hefeweizen.
3 working days left.....
Peace Out~:D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
hmmmm

the colder or crummier the climate; the stronger the alcohol?

could be a connection?

naaaawwww

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Beer ought to be renamed a truth serum. I don't know how many times I've posted at this forum wasted after getting back from a friend's house.

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
I LOVE BEER!!!
Here around my neck of the woods we have a couple of beer emporiums called "The Flying Saucer".
Live bands, and over 300 beers!! Over a 100 on tap!!!
Now THATS a beer joint!!!
My favorite Canadian brews are:
Don De Dieu (10% alcohol)
La Fin Du Monde (9% alcohol)
Very strong, smooth brews. (Both made by the same company, the one who brought you Maudite, which I don't care for).:D

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I once knew a guy named Otto who loved to get drunk and break stuff. That's not all he did, though.
He was a really cool guy. Everyone really liked him. A lot. When Otto drank beer, he:
Turned all the furniture in my friend's house upside-down including the fridge and television.
Fired a loaded gun into his adjacent neighbor's apartment. Whoops! What a wacky guy!
Threw half empty beer bottles over backyard fences during bbqs, hitting children and pets on the other side. But he got to hear the sound of bottles breaking !
Started fights with anyone who looked to him like a hippie, a f*g, or a wimp. But he was funny when he did it, though. You know, dude.. he was just funny n' sh**, everybody liked him. He always had his game on, especially when he got into the mood to drink, get rowdy and break stuff.
Eh, bud! It's all about the good times, bud!
:rolleyes
-j
ps. sierra nevada kicks a** :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks