What's new

I just tried out the new Burger King Tacos and.... (1 Viewer)

Jason L.

Second Unit
...these things are the most disgusting items I have ever tasted in my life.

Their tacos make Taco Bell look like On The Border or Don Pablo's in comparision.

I don't know if this has been rolled out nationally, or if this aread [DFW] is just a test market or not.

Maybe it was the combination of the stale taco shell, the paper-thin smeared meat-like substance, or the odd choice of their sauce which was a super-sweet, tangy BBQ sauce.

Whatever the case may be, it qualifies as one of the few foods that taste better coming back up than it did going down.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
why the heck would BK want to sell tacos? I'm still getting over the Jalapeno poppers I tried there once.

first they start with that imitation Big Mac thing (which prompted McD's to have a imitation Whopper), now this?

I think BK is running scared and are afraid of losing their identity (I'm thinking that Wendy's Biggie has become more of a brand name then the Whopper in the past couple of years). It all went downhill after that table service thing failed miserably and they started using 70's tunes in their commercials.

Here's a suggestion. Get rid of those stupid seasoned fries and use normal ones like McDonald's or Wendy's. If you can't do the base business well, there's no need to branch out.

OK, I'll admit it. I'm not a fan of BK in general.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The BK near me had them years ago. I remember they were like Jack in the Box tacos.

~T

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
We have them here in Oregon too.....they remind me of the "tacos" at Jack In The Box.....both of them are pure crap. I'm sorry but sliced american cheese does not belong on a taco, .99 or not.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Ha! Anthony, I'm surprised anyone remembers Burger King's failed attempt at table service with their baskets. Big failure.

Some from the test markets may remember about that same time when BK added pizza to their menu. They were terrible! I worked for a market research firm at the time and was on the project team assessing the publics reaction. When BK sent over some samples to our group so we could try them just about everyone was disgusted. They should have stopped the test rollout right then.

They have truly lost focus of their identity. If they want a real winner they should sell the Croissanwich's all day long. Personally, if that would happen I would hardly eat anywhere else. Love them things!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Whatever happened to McDonalds' Rib Sandwiches
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
Eww... what could be worse than a Taco Bell taco? :D

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Whatever happened to McDonalds' Rib Sandwiches
Somebody once explained to me that half the appeal of the McRib is that it is only available for a long time. I guess the stragety works. Every time a McRib rolls by, I spend the next two weeks at McD's. Otherwise, I wouldnt' go there everyday if they kept it as a permanent menu item. Those bastards :angry:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Tacos at Burger King? Egad! To say that they make Taco Bell look good is saying something. They must taste like a$$. I doubt Burger Kings in Delaware have them, but I don't think this is the kind of research I want to conduct. :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Yep, here is another vote for the JitB Tacos. I know they're sort of bizarre and their so soaked in grease that they leak, but they seem to have some perfect combination of tastes to satisfy some inner craving.

That said, I don't think I would touch a BK taco with a ten meter pole.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
I went to school at Seton Hall. The McDonalds there in East Orange/Newark had McFried Chicken.

Anybody ever see that before?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks