What's new

I just outdoor grilled a steak... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey todd -
i flip the steaks with tongs. i try never to pierce the meat (ahem...) unless i have to. i've even got a temp probe so i can check the internal temp.
like jim said, it's ultra important to let the meat rest too...i usually let it sit for at least 3-5 minutes (unless i'm just dying of hunger!) :)
>

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
If you want to try something delicious, try marinating your steaks in white wine. Nothing else, just white wine. A friend did that many years ago, and the steaks were so good you didn't need sauce or seasoning (although I wouldn't be a Tennison if I didn't doctor my steaks somehow!)

Here's another vote for McCormicks Grill Mates Monteray Seasoning. Yum Yum Yum!

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
After soaking steaks in my own blend of sauce and spices, I throw 'em on the smoker for about an hour and a half, with some hickory chips burning with the coals. Slow smoked meat is the best.

DennisHP

Second Unit
Deep fried biscuts? Never heard of 'em cooked that way! Anyone ever tried BBQ Bison? Julie?

Mary M S

Screenwriter
My in a hurry steak recipe works every time with every traditional steak cut. Better if you never froze the meat.

Drizzle olive oil both sides lightly.

Pour red wine, any you have, cheap table or high dollar. Amount: (I don't know, enough to make them drunk?)

Heavy seasoning one side 'Fiesta brand, Cajun-All Seasoning'

If you have time let it sit 15 min. marinating. Flip to other side and season with the 'Cajun' for 15 more to marinate. Then grill. (The Fiesta brand is at 'Albertsons' in the South)

And if it doesn't come out nice enough to eat without, ketchup or A1, you didn't do it right.

My favorite cut, the tenderloin. Never buy it in the saran wrap at your grocery store. Ask the butchers counter, to cut you steaks off a tenderloin fresh. (Sometimes you have to argue for this, if they have them in the saran wrap)

Expensive and small, but its all edible. Done right - cuts like butter.

....hmm, I've got to go crank up the grill now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks