What's new

i got a question. what does this mean. im getting a digm pw2200 sub (1 Viewer)

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
Amplifier: High-Current, Discrete Output
750w/250w RMS
what does this mean. sorry for newbe question

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Someone correct me if I'm off but I believe It means that the amplifier that is built into the sub is a high current(means it will draw more current as is demanded by the sub) amp that puts out 250watts RMS (essentially what the amp is able to output continually) and is able to ouput 750 watts in peak bursts.
By the way, I've heard pretty good things about this sub, you won't be disappointed.

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
thank you for the info. hey rochard do you have this sub. well i think im paying about 915 canadian dollars for it. the place im buying it from has to order it in. i just hope it comes in before lord of the rings the two towers comes out.:D

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
you will love that sub. I have it and it not only rattles the foundation, it is very musical and tight. Every time I listen to music with mine, i find myself impressed all over again.

Steve

DavidES

Stunt Coordinator
LotR TTT Platinum Extended Ver. wouldn't be out until end of Nov. Wait for that one if you can. It will be just like FotR. Extended version. You won't regret it. You get to see it the way the director intended and not the way the Hollywood suits intended for us 'money-cows'. :angry:
You can pre-order it from here which I would highly recommend doing.

And in keeping this reply in vein with thread, Richard is right.

Steve, I just noticed that Paradigm doesn't put a frequency response on their subs. Are they peaky or relatively flat? Did you have to eq much? Just asking for future reference if I decide to replace my JBL.

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
They are flat. Not peaky or boomy at all. I'm not eq'ing mine at all, but I did move it from the corner to nearer the center of a wall to tame it just a bit. I listened to many subs...polk, velodyne, klipsch, etc, but never found one so tight and accurate on music, yet so powerful and gut wrenching on movies. That being said, I have yet to hear an SVS, I hear they compare favorably with the pw-2200.
On all my equipment, there is some little question of could I have done better for about the same money...ie, monitor 11 mains instead of monitor 9's, direct surrounds instead of the adp dipoles, 16X9 native DLP instead of 4X3, you get the idea, but my sub is the one piece I've never questioned my choice of. I love it.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks