What's new

I finally pulled the trigger! (1 Viewer)

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Well after months of lurking around here and reading lots of great info from everyone(which really did help me a lot)Anyways I decided to go with a Pioneer elite 49tx and use it as a pre/pro with my new Parasound Hca2205 5x220 Thx ultra amp overkill? maybe but the 49tx seems to have a lot more to offer than some of the pre/pros that are 3k and up and the auto calibration seems to be pretty awsome among other things. I will use the Parasound to drive my Paradigm studio 100s, studio cc and studio adps I will use the pioneer internal amps to drive my jbl control 5 rears and I would like to use the Pioneer to drive my svs 20-39+ I understand I can bridge two channels maybe I can use that for the sub? If anyone can help I would appreciate it on how to do that. I got the 49tx for $2500 and the Parasound for $1700 and better cable siver serphants for $200 so the way I look at $4400 for a killer sound system isnt bad (about the same as the denon 5803 minus the auto calibration!) By the way great forum and good job by the administrators keeping this place respectable:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks all Bob
:D

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Dam nice setup Bob!!

If I read your thread correctly you said you wanted to use the pioneer to power you sub ? well unless the 49 tx is totally different then the rest , it cant power a subwoofer and certainly is not bridgeable. You could use a channel from the parasound 2205 to power your sub but the parasound 2205 isnt bridgeable either. I would use the 2205 to power front three speakers and one or two subs, then let the 49tx power your back channels if it were me.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Thanks John I definetly have enough enough channels and power to work with so It shouldnt be a problem I just wanted to see what the experts thought anyways I cant wait! right now Im using a onkyo 494 5.1 55watts x5 which really sounds pretty good but I am preparing myself to be blown away:D
Thanks Bob

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Bob, I also have the parasound 2205. It is mated with nhts which are similar to the paradigms. I think you'll be amazed at the combo. The 2205 is so dynamic and silky smooth. I hear incredible things about the pioneer 49tx, please make sure to post a review for us

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, PLEASE post a review once you get everything all settled in. I am currently thinking about pulling the trigger on the Pioneer 49TX myself to be mated with my Paradigm Reference Studio 40 (LF, RF), Studio CC, ADP-450 (LSS, RSS) and (as yet unpurchased) Studio 40 (LRS, RRS). I haven't decided on the sub to go in the room at this point, although it seems like my choices are:

1.) (1) Vandersteen V2W

2.) (1) SVS CS-Ultra with Samson Amp

3.) (2) Paradigm PW-2200

I currently use a Paradigm PW-2200 in my family room theater for normal TV watching and I love it. I'm thinking of putting two in the dedicated room only to take the strain off a single unit. The above 3 scenarios are all pretty much about the same price.

Best of luck and let us know!

Regards,

Jeff in Houston

BobRoulier

Second Unit
Jeff, you should seriously consider the svs maybe the + series! I was skeptical at first but svs really does have great customer service and a 45 day return if your not happy (cant imangine to many returns) and shipping only cost me $17 bucks to mass so its worth the audition I think the + series is not far behind the ultra in performance and you can save about $400 bucks. with a discount maybe get two +s that would really rock your world
:D
Anyway I will let you guys know how my new system sounds when it comes in thanks for your responses

Richard Burzynski

Second Unit
Bob:

Welcome to the receiver-as-a-prepro club, you won't be sorry. Congrats on your purchase - we wait for a detailed review.

Rich B.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I got a call from my Parsound dealer today, He said Bob he I have a gigantic package here for you that weighs 95 pounds!..............Yipppppeeeeeee!! cant wait the 49tx should be here next week:D Man now im gonna have to reinforce my audio rack:angry:
cya Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks