What's new

I finally made it into a Bose store (1 Viewer)

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
After a long time of wanting to go to a dedicated Bose store, I finally got the chance.

What a sham!

I went down to a store in Branson, Missouri. I will say this about Bose, they do market their product well. Because I had seen another thread saying that Bose may use very expensive setups to demonstrate their speakers with, I kept my eyes open for that but didn't that didn't seem to be the case in this store. I did notice though that they didn't use Bose receivers. They used Onkyo receivers and DVD players.

I did witness a demo of their surround sound. They were using the Fast and the Furious. I was amazed. My two Cerwin Vega towers that I bought years ago put out a much better sound than the Acoustimass 15 system that was playing.

There was no imaging whatsoever. Also, the sound was very dull, muddled, and boring. It was very startaling.

I mean no offense to anyone who owns Bose on this forum. I just thought I'd post my experience here. And to be fair, I didn't get a chance to go into their 20 seat theater to experience "the latest technology." This experience may have changed my mind and impressions about the store and the product, but it would have had a lot to overcome.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Jeff, I've already been exposed to the Bose theater demo at the last Montreal Hi-Fi Show. It's the one where they play various clips off these supposed big speakers. Midway through the presentation, they remove the big boxes to expose the tiny cube speakers you've been listening to all along.

Crap, crap and more crap. Just like you described in your own experience.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I'll say what I pretty much always say. The bose acustimass system would be very good if it were $600 Home Theater in a Box. It is easy to hook up, easy to use, small, and sounds like a $600 system. The problem is, it costs $2500-$3000 instead.

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
I was really suprised that they were not toting the Bose recievers as well. It just made me wonder if the Onkyo's made the speakers sound a whole lot better or if the two companies had an agreement or what.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
That's funny this thread was brought up...I just passed the new Bose store at our mall and sniveled as I walked by.

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
well, I had never been to an actual Bose store. I had just seen them in chains like Sears and the like. It really was amazing to see these people oogeling over these "tiny little cubes that fill the room..." yadda yadda yadda. but like I told one of the prospective customers, go with whatever sounds good to you cause that's all that really matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks