What's new

I Dream Of Jeannie season 3 ? (1 Viewer)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I heard from a source we could get season 3 of I Dream Of Jeannie possibly on january 30th.
If true this is good news for some older shows that are still coming from the studios.These days any title coming from the 70's or before is good news.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

That would be nice and I'm sure its coming but I think it would have been announced by now if it was really January 30th.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

Sony announces their titles the Monday exactly 11 weeks before street (for instance, Facts Of Life season 3 was announced on August 14th for an October 24th release date... I remember because I got up early that day to order concert tickets and seeing it on TSOD), so if this is true, we should see Jeannie news on Monday

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I dream of Jeannie Season 3 release date is January 30!!! This set is on pre order at multiple websites including Amazon, I have mine pre ordered. Great Season!!!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, when a studio prepares a release, they are required to give entertainment stores at least 2 months advance notice to order that product for their store or store chain. There's absolutely no way that a studio will announce the release of their title one month prior to its release because then no stores would have placed orders for their product and you wouldn't be able to get your DVD's.

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
That is a really good point because I have heard many people state that Bewitched Season 5 will be available soon, but I haven't been able to find any information or sources to back that up. As with I have seen other sets with anywhere from a 2-4 month time frame showing the release date. I have seen several sets right now available for pre order that will not be released until March and April and so nothing on "some" popular sets that people think will be released soon.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Sony announced Bewitched Season 2 on 8/15 for a 10/25 release, Season 3 on 1/9 for a 3/21 release, and Season 4 on 9/18 for a 10/24 release. So about 2 months and 1 week or 2 weeks ahead of time.

We should see the announcement of Bewitched Season 5 in about 2 weeks.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
BUt on't you think we would have known by now? Tvshowsondvd.com usually gives at least a months notice.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

???

IDOJ Season 3 was announced by Sony on 11/20 for a 1/30 release. tvshowsondvd.com even had the artwork up on that day. And as my above post showed, we're still about 2 weeks away from Sony announcing BW Season 5. tvshowsondvd.com will have that announcement up as soon as it comes in.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
Are you clairbouyant or a physic or something? How do you know? How can you be absolutey positivily tee tottaly 100% sure.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Ok, John....we couldn't let this one go yet :) Look into that crystal ball and tell us what you see for '07 TV/DVD's:

"What's this I see? A house with a white picket fence...." Uh, no, that's some interference in the crystal ball's frequency from that famous 1939 classic film :D

Try this one:

How will '07 be remembered this time next Dec?

1) Better than '06 for classic TV/DVD releases
2) Average year, par with '06
3) Below average, decliine in (classic) TV/DVD releases

We'll check with you in Dec '07 :)

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
There is a thread started by me, it's called Uncontinued and unreleased TV On Dvd. No offense, but then shouldn't you be able to tell us where these shows are and when they are going to be released or continued?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Well, since I claimed to be "clairbouyant" and "physic," not clairvoyant and psychic, I feel safe in guessing that '07 will be better than '06, but not by a huge margin. The slow down on '06 I think was mainly due to studios waiting out the reaction to the release of Blu-ray and HD-DVD. Now that the standard TV and classic films releases are picking up again, I'm pretty sure it will continue to do so through '07. The fact that Paramount has announced Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy is very good sign of things to come. Of course, not being psychic, I could be wrong! :laugh:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
In general I agree with John's comments re: 2007 especially with regards to classic releases. The key will be sales. If they are strong, more will come. At some point the market is going to become oversaturated (if it hasn't already) and we'll see more releases from "niche" companies like SHOUT! and MPI.

That's funny. Thanks for the laugh. I'm sure we all wish we could be "clairbouyant" :)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Thanks JohnMor,
I will keep looking daily online to see if I can find Bewitched Season 5, so I will definitely keep an eye out for it. Post a message on the Bewitched thread also if you find out info before me, thanks

Sorry for the intrusion :)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Has anyone noticed the very distored "Bootsie Nightengale" episode on IDOJ season 3 and the mistake on the box cover where it sais that episode #13 which is "My Son The Jeannie" is the first episode on disc 3 but it is no where to be found. I finally found the episode on disc 2! Sony needs to recall this set because they did a horrible job, I am very disappointed and surprised also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks