What's new

I Dream of Jeannie - Syndication Prints (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Does anyone remember exactly when the syndicated prints of I Dream of Jeannie had been updated since first going into syndication in the fall of 1970? Some season 2 episodes from this time retained their original intro, unlike in later years when the season 3 intro was substituted.

I believe that the shows were converted from film to tape when Columbia Pictures Television licensed the series to (DFS) Program Exchange in 1983 - it was these I remember from TBS reruns.

The prints were revised again in 1993, just before Nick at Nite's acquisition of the series, going by the CPTD logo of the period, at which point the Program Exchange license had expired.

~Ben

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I wasn't aware of a change of intro from season 2 and 3. I always just thought that all the color episodes, seasons 2 and on, had the same intro.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Tommy R said:
I wasn't aware of a change of intro from season 2 and 3. I always just thought that all the color episodes, seasons 2 and on, had the same intro.
The season 2 intro did not have Sidney Sheldon's name appearing when Jeannie was dancing (that being reserved for the closing credits), but did for season 3. The music was also slightly re-arranged.

~Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks