What's new

I blew my first sub! (1 Viewer)

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator

Ahhhh....to be young again and able to hear 20hz :)

But seriously, what blew your sub was probablly not the 20hz tone but the distortion (clipping) caused by either your receiver or sub amp trying to output a 20hz tone at too great a volume. By bet is that your receiver sent a clipped signal to the sub when it tried to output the 20hz tone as the sub volume was only half way. It is also possible for the signal to be clipped at the output of your DVD/CD player (what ever was playing the test tone) and all the receiver did was ampified it and sent it to the sub. It doesn't take much to blow a driver with a clipped signal.

I bet all the dogs in your neighborhood knew it was about to blow and were thinking "he better turn it down soon". :D

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. At least I'm not alone on this one :D

SPL and Calibration Disk time!

Quick question because I don't wanna start another calibration disk topic: Do I need the video tests if I have already used the ones on the THX optimizer on a NON-HDTV?

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator

Nope, I was listening to a compact disc. Needless to say, I won't be playing this album again with the subwoofer turned on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks