What's new

HUMPHREY BOGART: THE SIGNATURE COLLECTION VOL. 2 Debuts 10/03/06 (1 Viewer)

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh

They definitely will be including new packaging for Casablanca and Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Warner already has new UPC assigned to new packaging.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Wow...

Now to decide whether to sell the Warner Legends Collection with this upgrade?

Does anyone think 'The Adventures Of Robin Hood' might be reissued again in a future Flynn Collection?

What about the exclusive - Here's Looking At You WB disc? Any chance of an official seperate release?

Interesting news... I'll be seeing lots of Bogart this summer with these two Signature sets and the Bogie-Bacall box!

Great job WB!

(Now please release the Heres Looking At You disc on it's own and we'll be set!)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of the Bogie-Bacall box... does anyone know why there's 2 separate listings for it at Amazon.ca? One's $31.07, the other's $34.99 ... what the heck's the difference between them?!

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...009801-3230732

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASI...009801-3230732

Do you suppose one of 'em could be the snappers-shoved-in-box-but-dont-really-fit version that Amazon.com's been selling? And the other's the repackaged keepcase version? I'm pretty confused as to which to order. I don't want to get the movies in snapcases again. :/

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
The one that says IMPORT after the title is probably the U.S. version, the one that doesn't say IMPORT is most likely the Canadian version. Sometimes Warner's boxed sets are slightly different between the U.S. and Canadian markets due to licensing issues with the extra features. I do not know if that is the case for the Bacall / Bogart set.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Amazon.com has the same 2 listing. Amazon.com Exclusive is already released and is probably with snappers (flat picture on Amazon). The one being released on July 25 is with regular cases (3-D picture on Amazon).

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Aaah, thank you for helping me decide...I'm gonna go with the Import version that has the 3D box art. Sounds like the safest bet. :) (When I search Amazon.com only one listing comes up for me...the "exclusive" snapper version...hmm)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
A question about the bonus features.

There are "Breakdowns of.." for 1941,1942, and 1944 in this collection. Is the 1943 reel lost? There is a 1943 film in this collection so it would have made sense to include it. Alternatively, has Warners issued the '43 reel on another collection that I'm overlooking?

I just got done watching the breakdowns on the Tough Guys collection and they were hilarious. Between Tough Guys, Robin Hood, and this new Bogie set, we will have all breakdowns from 1935-1944 except for the 1943.

How many of these blooper reels were made?

Thanks,

Steve

Curt_B

Agent
THE BIG SLEEP
KEY LARGO
AND TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT

available seperately....and have just been released in KEEPCASES.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I've done a Forum search and there doesn't appear to be any existant thread dedicated to this exciting upcoming release from WB, so this can serve as the official topic where all news and updates are posted.

Anyways, some hi-res artwork has been posted to DavisDVD.com.

Link: http://davisdvd.com/gallery/hi-res/dvd.html

I'm really hoping that's not the final cover, it's pretty awful in my opinion.

At least the first release stuck with the original movie poster art. It kind of seems off-character for WB. Why would they use such an ugly shot for a release like this?

Wouldn't either of these seem much more fitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks