What's new

Humming from CATV (1 Viewer)

I have a hum from all speakers and some vertical lines on the tv that go up when I hook my computer up to my reciever. I have a tv card in my computer. If I unhook the cable tv from the wall coming into the house it gets rid of the hum.

I am assuming I have a ground loop problem, and have searched for 'ground loop', 'isolator' etc and have not seen a product to help me.

I remember someone posting a link to something they said worked for them way back and it was like under $10. I searched to try and find this post to no avail.

Anyone know what would be best for this?

Thanks

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
There are quite a number of past threads here dealing with humm issues, recommending isolators (including links), etc. Use the "Search" button in the header area (right above the postings) of one of the forum categories ("Receivers/Separates/Amps", for instance). In the Search window that pops up you could try "cable hum" or similar for the search terms--but here's the thing to watch for--towards the bottom left (under Search Options) you can select Fast Search, Normal Search, Slow Search, etc. Use "Slowest Search". You'll get a ton of hits. (I got 258).

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks