What's new

CATV humm - Solution ? (1 Viewer)

More and more I'm running into systems with a hum caused by the connection to the local RG-6 CATV. Recently, I spent a lot of time isolating the problem and even re-located the catv ground wire but it didn't help.
My question.. does anyone know of a product that can isolate the RG-6 from the system without noticeable degradation to the signal ?

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
yeah, use a Cheaters Plug ;) The plug adapter that turns a three prong plug into a two blade plug. I have been using it for a few months now and it got rid of the cable hum right away and no picture quality loss. I would use this as a last resort, the best solution is to ground the CATV to the same ground as the electrical panel. Most likely if you can ground the CATV to a Cold Water pipe that would do the trick. I can't do that with the setup of my house, so there is an electrical potential between the grounds of the electrical service and the CATV, so I have to use a cheaters plug.

There aren't any 3-prong plugs on the system to lift. And I have relocated the ground to the electrical panel.. no change. I think I need a coax ground lift (?).
But, thanks for the suggestions.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
consider either of these two products...no doubt, there are a slew of others.
Jensen VRD-1FF $60
CBl ISO $40
sounds though like you really haven't addressed the ground issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks