What's new

Hulu Hulu Black Friday 2023 Sale (99 Cents Per Month Full Year) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You lost me at "ad-tier subscription."
That's all they're likely to offer as a special (Max is doing similar) since the more eyeballs they can get in front of their ads, the more money they can charge for those ads.

I'm tempted on the Hulu offer, as I'd really like to watch Only Murders in the Building and a couple other shows, but the last time I did this deal a few years back I always had buffering issues with the Hulu stream. Not sure if that was some glitch or if they throttled the "stream" for those on a bargain plan. Also had Netflix and Prime at the time and wasn't having any issues with those.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just canceled Disney+ (no ads) and Hulu+ (ad-tier) that were being included with my Verizon wireless plan.

Saved me $10 a month on two channels I never watch anymore.

There's nothing good on Disney outside of The Mandalorian...

But what I really wanted to comment on was Hulu+ ad-tier

If you are considering getting it, be prepared to be disappointed. They shove a lot of ads at you during your viewing. What's worse is that it's the same ads repeated over and over which becomes very irritating. It's the reason why I decided I no longer wanted the plan.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
If you are going to subscribe to Hulu, it's totally worth the extra couple bucks to go ad-free.

Also, Hulu is running a special on their Starz add-on: $0.99/month for 6 months.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
None of these "ad" deals are worth it. Tubi has a seemingly endless amount of quality movies and tv series.

And Tubi is free even without a subscription. And has about a 1/3rd of the number of ads Hulu plays. Not that I'm a fan of ads, but if you want to watch shows with ads, then a service that is free to begin with and has a limited number is a better experience.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
None of these "ad" deals are worth it. Tubi has a seemingly endless amount of quality movies and tv series.

And Tubi is free even without a subscription. And has about a 1/3rd of the number of ads Hulu plays. Not that I'm a fan of ads, but if you want to watch shows with ads, then a service that is free to begin with and has a limited number is a better experience.
You nailed it in the head. I watch a LOT of Tubi because of the great selection of 60s/70s TV and selection of horror/docs/LGBTQ movies AND the low ad interference. I watch Dark Shadows there and it’s generally two commercial breaks of 30-45 seconds. Another plus, they put them were the original commercial breaks occurred, not just thrown into the middle of a scene.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I just canceled Disney+ (no ads) and Hulu+ (ad-tier) that were being included with my Verizon wireless plan.

Saved me $10 a month on two channels I never watch anymore.

There's nothing good on Disney outside of The Mandalorian...

But what I really wanted to comment on was Hulu+ ad-tier

If you are considering getting it, be prepared to be disappointed. They shove a lot of ads at you during your viewing. What's worse is that it's the same ads repeated over and over which becomes very irritating. It's the reason why I decided I no longer wanted the plan.
We had the ad-tier of Hulu as part of our old Sprint mobile account, and I rarely watched it due to the intrusive commercials. We currently have the Disney+ / Hulu / ESPN+ bundle (no ads on the first two) until the middle of next month through an American Express offer. I will be cancelling the bundle then and just subscribing to ESPN+ for the remainder of the NHL regular season. Like you, there is nothing on Disney+ that interests me right now. We are watching a couple of things on Hulu, but can live without seeing them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ve had the D+, Hulu and ESPN bundle from Verizon for a couple of years now.
Our original D+ sub has been paused for that time and we still have about 18 months left on it.
Im wondering how much extra we pay Verizon for this tier that includes the bundle. Might be worth it to cancel and get Hulu for 99¢ again.
rarely use espn+

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also can you sign up for this Hulu thing and hold it without activating it right away?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks