What's new

HTPC acting a donkey... (1 Viewer)

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Finally got myself to hook my computer up to my reciever. Well, it works. But I am get some GOD AWFUL noises at certain frequences. It's not a whine(which I have experienced before on another computer), The reciever and computer were just a few feet apart. You know that 'vrapp' sound you get from a blown speaker? Well I get those a lot in the lower frequencies, and even some in the higher ones. (And no, my speakers are not blown). Could this be a sound card problem.

BTW, for some reason I got very little of this problem on the 1812 Overture, but a bunch on everything else. And yes, the 1812 is a nice song, but I would like to be able to broaden my choices.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
A few questions:
- Are you using a digital or analog connection?
- What hardware are you using (sound card, MB, etc.)
- What O/S are you using?
- What software are you using for playback?

Maybe a moderator will move this to the HTPC area (better help with your question)...

Dan.AE

Auditioning
I come across that kind of problem when any kind of software equalization is set, especially with winamp. I ALWAYS just turn the eqalizer off for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks