What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The only theater around here that still seems to offer any 3D will have Doctor Strange on two screens, but only one showtime on one screen will be 3D (a 3:30 matinee show).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The AMC near me has a screen of 3-D Doctor Strange shows all day. That's the first time they've had a full day of 3-D since The Rise Of Skywalker nearly two and a half years ago.

Yeah, that's probably the same here.

I tried to figure out the last theatrical 3D movie I saw and I couldn't.

I actually pulled up my stats on the AMC app, but apparently you can longer access your whole history on the app - or maybe I used it wrong. I just know I couldn't see entire years of tickets.

Anyway, I saw "Coco" 3D back in 2017... and that might've been the last theatrical 3D screening for me! :oops:
:oops:

I love me some 3D, but screenings/titles have been so limited that it's not always a practical option.

Which is why I'm excited I'll have 2 theatrical 3Ds over 10 days!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Fantastic I hope this holds true for our area. With the job turn over in our area, the 12 year olds who work at our Cineplex now have probably never heard of 3D!
Avatar was 2009 so....... *counts on fingers* yep; the math adds up. However, having been a Cineplex employee I know that they won't hire anyone under 16 without parental consent to work beyond midnight, as the theatre frequently doesn't shut down until then.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I confirmed that the new "Jurassic World" movie will get IMAX 3D showings in addition to "regular" 3D.

Is it possible 3D's making something of a comeback as prep for "Avatar 2"?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I confirmed that the new "Jurassic World" movie will get IMAX 3D showings in addition to "regular" 3D.

Is it possible 3D's making something of a comeback as prep for "Avatar 2"?
I imagine that Cameron is pushing Disney to really promote 3-D and get the theater chains to have a lot of the shows in their premium screens in 3-D.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I imagine that Cameron is pushing Disney to really promote 3-D and get the theater chains to have a lot of the shows in their premium screens in 3-D.
It also almost guarantees there will be a readily available domestic 3D blu-ray, for Avatar 2 at least.

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Fantastic I hope this holds true for our area. With the job turn over in our area, the 12 year olds who work at our Cineplex now have probably never heard of 3D!
Meanwhile, they walk around all day with virtual reality metaverse boxes on their faces.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A question for those in the know: When KISS ME KATE was projected in 1953, was it necessary to have two intermissions, seeing as how the film runs 110 minutes?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
A question for those in the know: When KISS ME KATE was projected in 1953, was it necessary to have two intermissions, seeing as how the film runs 110 minutes?

It would depend on if the venue didn’t have the large reels and carbons that could handle 6000’ feet of film.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Avatar 2 may …get a 3D Blu ray unless the 3D technology is changed for this film, who knows, fingers crossed.
Avatar 2 is HFR 3D, but there will have to be 24fps versions for theatres not equipped to do HFR, like there were with The Hobbit, Gemini Man and Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks