What's new

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn’t call 4K a “lesser disc format”. It’s more of a preference imo. And for the record I too prefer 3D.
You are right, just my preference. I have slowed way down on 4K disc purchases, but if 3D was booming, and available on nearly every new release, I'd have a serious problem buying most everything.
OK. I was thinking that maybe it might have had a release in Japan. Thanks.
Disney has given up on Pixar, and animated 3D releases. They now only support Marvel 3D in Japan. Not sure about how they would deal with Star Wars 3D, as there hasn't been a new movie in a couple years.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
You are right, just my preference. I have slowed way down on 4K disc purchases, but if 3D was booming, and available on nearly every new release, I'd have a serious problem buying most everything.

Disney has given up on Pixar, and animated 3D releases. They now only support Marvel 3D in Japan. Not sure about how they would deal with Star Wars 3D, as there hasn't been a new movie in a couple years.
My best guess is they "may" support it in Japan, like Marvel.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
FINALLY!!! got around to viewing it. It's all that Bob said it was...like 3D is supposed to look.

Don't forget to watch the "EXTRAS!!!" :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:
1641424997531.png

Don't view a post 3Der after watching a "REAL" one...plus, I couldn't get thru it because I had already watched it last year. I really didn't like it that much as I did the first one... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:
1641425205853.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FINALLY!!! got around to viewing it. It's all that Bob said it was...like 3D is supposed to look.

Don't forget to watch the "EXTRAS!!!" :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:
View attachment 124035

Don't view a post 3Der after watching a "REAL" one...plus, I couldn't get thru it because I had already watched it last year. I really didn't like it that much as I did the first one... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::3dglasses:
View attachment 124037

I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes of SHOGUN WOMEN. Just horrible, in my opinion. However, happy to have supported the release through a purchase.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I watched 'Dune'. The 3D was pretty good with nice depth. I tried to like it but couldn't get into it, and thought it was overly long too. One of the few 3D films I'm not going to be keeping.

I was never a big fan of the 1984 version. Word of mouth sold me on this one. Also glad to hear that the 3D is acceptable. Will watch mine tonight and see if it gels. :3dglasses:

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Watched the 3D BD of Dune last night. I enjoyed it much more than the 1984 version which, perhaps because I never read the book, found difficult to follow. Yes, it's long, and drags a bit at times, but overall, I found it enjoyable.

The 3D did indeed have a lot of depth, and although it's a conversion, I'd still recommend it.

The ending left me wanting to watch part 2 (hopefully also in 3D) to learn the fates of the remaining characters.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I found the audio on Dune impossible to regulate on my system. It was either too quiet or too loud no matter where I was at, mainly because of the bass (sub woofer heavy) in much of the music score. No sweet spot had me fiddling with the volume way too much, and that is a first for me.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Watched the 3D BD of Dune last night. I enjoyed it much more than the 1984 version which, perhaps because I never read the book, found difficult to follow. Yes, it's long, and drags a bit at times, but overall, I found it enjoyable.

The 3D did indeed have a lot of depth, and although it's a conversion, I'd still recommend it.

The ending left me wanting to watch part 2 (hopefully also in 3D) to learn the fates of the remaining characters.
We turned it off after 30 minutes, wife kept saying I can’t hear what they said and neither of us got into it. The 3D was just okay as desert misty dust storms don’t do good 3 D for me.
did it get any better story and 3D wise after 30 minutes ?, I’ll try watching it again soon.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
We turned it off after 30 minutes, wife kept saying I can’t hear what they said and neither of us got into it. The 3D was just okay as desert misty dust storms don’t do good 3 D for me.
did it get any better story and 3D wise after 30 minutes ?, I’ll try watching it again soon.

I'll have to agree with you about the audio mix. Try watching it with the subtitles turned on. That helps tremendously. The way they mix movies these days, many times actors, especially when they whisper, get drowned out by the foley.

It IS long! I'm surprised that I didn't fall asleep during the slower moving parts. And yes, the 3D action and story does pick up. My atmos setup also got quite a workout!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks