What's new

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Maybe I'm confusing my movies

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole was the original. Rise came 2 years later and is much more a Related movie and both from Dreamworks.
I don’t think Rise has anything to do with Legend does it ?, you had me excited when you mentioned a sequel!.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I don’t think Rise has anything to do with Legend does it ?, you had me excited when you mentioned a sequel!.

Agreed -- for some reason my brain always linked the two due to the name and both animate, but no connection. I've corrected the earlier posts to avoid any more confusion.

The IMPRINT announcements have me too excited and wasn't paying close enough attention other than I stand by my Excellent Movie and 3D statements.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Legend of the Guardians (with the owls) is a Village Roadshow production distributed by Warner.

Rise of the Guardians (with Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, etc, but no owls) is a Dreamworks Animation film.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Man I'm all messed up. We need a delete function on this board to hide the faces of the guilty. I even looked them up and still my Brain still is seeing (imagining) the logo of Dreamworks on the Owls cover

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Legend of the Guardians (with the owls) is a Village Roadshow production distributed by Warner.

Rise of the Guardians (with Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, etc, but no owls) is a Dreamworks Animation film.
Yep, I must give Legend another watch, it’s been a few years now.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Guardians is high class 3D and ver, very good movie

Mars Needs Moms I seem to like the movie better than most people and the 3D is excellent

I'm seeing one USED copy on AMazon.ca for $16-17 US shipped and ships to the US, It's so much less than anything comparable it would scare me that it's either not 3D or a Sri Lanka boot though there are some US USED for about the same price. Two of them from HalfPrice Books which I'm 1 for 4 getting the item actually listed -- gave up on them a long time ago

Thanks David, just ordered it. Have never ordered from Canada before. :thumbsup:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I have it -- like most of the Tinkerbell Direct to Video movies I find them embarrassingly entertaining though it certainly more fun to watch if you have some of the proper target audience around for the giggle and squeal live responses. Getting caught watching them by yourself "to evaluate the 3D effects" also gets harder to explain the 2nd or 3rd time

Also like many of the earlier Disney's -- the 3D is surprisingly good. It just a beautiful film in general

It's a real shame that NeverBeast never got a 3D home Disc release -- edit: there is a VUDU digital version for an obcence cost

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Man that's 2 discs I'm on the hook for tonight. Looking for the back door and secret exit

One of my favorite moments was watching one of the Tinkerbells (may have been Secret of the WIngs) with a group of 6-10 yo's at some party. It was in 2D, but it was just scary/fun how much those girls loved Tinker Bell and her friends. That's particularly funny given that most adults just remember what a brat Tinker Bell originally was in Peter Pan (until it mattered of course)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
What is “ neverbeast”?
NeverBeast.jpg

Note: This 3D version was a preview but never released on Blu-ray 3D by the studio.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Just received Taza, Son of Cochise 3-D
The 3D looks amazing!
Surprised that the DVDProfiler, DVD info ID is extracting a Single Sided, Single Layered BD-25 Blu-ray 3D disc spec.

79 minute feature
Bonus Features include:
Audio Commentary by Film Historian David Del Valle,
Author/Screenwriter C. Courtney Joyner,
3-D Expert Mike Ballew

Slideshow Commentary with Mike Ballew

3D Feature Trailer.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The 3D looks amazing!
Surprised that the DVDProfiler, DVD info ID is extracting a Single Sided, Single Layered BD-25 Blu-ray 3D disc spec.

79 minute feature
Bonus Features include:
3-D Expert Mike Ballew

3D Feature Trailer.
My disc has shipped so I'll be watching it either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
The 3D looks amazing!

79 minute feature
Bonus Features include:
3-D Expert Mike Ballew

3D Feature Trailer.
That’s interesting Paul...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks