What's new

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mixup used to ship to the U.S. without a problem. I purchased both Fire and Rescue and Maleficent 3D back in 2014. Their "shipment abroad" policy has changed when I pre-ordered Spider-Man: A New Universe 3D in February 2019. Just before they were going to ship the order I received a request for my Social Security #. They said it was a new mandatory requirement for shipments abroad, via the following email I translated into English from Spanish:

I told them I couldn't and they said sorry.

Someone on another site said they purchased "Spider-Man: A New Universe 3D" from "Almaraz Records", Mexico shipped to the U.S. and they were never asked for their SS#.

I think this is bullshit. I've ordered from Amazon Germany & France recently and there was no such provision.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I can remember watching Disney’s UP in 3D on a previous projector or tv sometime ago, we weren’t very impressed and I can remember only watching the 2D version from then on.
This afternoon I suggested watching it in 3D again.. it looked very impressive this time around!. A few pop outs but mainly depth, a myriad of colours, fantastic dark scenes with great black levels. Such a heart felt story and one of our favourites especially my wife’s.

I can see there was a lenticular slip USA version which would be so much nicer than my naked amaray case uk version... must resist :D

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
84087C94-23AE-4821-8666-1319B8C31843.jpeg
Woohoo!!,!,

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Watched the Shark/Lava pic with the grandkids...don't watch it any other way. Great 3d, tons of pop outs, but a number of scenes where the front/rear scenes get transposed. :thumbsup: :3dglasses:

81v3nNGNmJL._SX342_.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^ those are ones that hate my Samsung 3D tv. can't fix for nothing, worst crosstalk ever for me. can't wait to try it out on a projector when I get one.

The Last Unicorn has cheapy 3D like Clash of the Titans and Dragon nest. Clash is awful in 3D and will never ever ever watch it that way again.. but Dragon I liked that way anyway. Last Uni is one Ill keep watching in 3D too. I like the depth, as bad as it looks most of the time. Some scenes work good in 3D like the stunning wave near the end, worth for that alone. The transfer of the movie is pretty good. I didn't compare with my old DVD but I know it's much better.

I followed Last Uni with a first time Epic in 3D. salivation is still dripping from my lip. all that stunning detail, maybe the best looking animated I've ever seen and now is superb 3D. What a showpiece!! and the crosstalk was somehow minimal, at least I didn't notice as much. I'd rank it just above Legend of the Guardians, just a beauty to behold. And another I ask myself why people don't want more 3D like this!

Others,

Meg 3D I watched last Friday. the shark seemed to change size all over the place! was he inflatable? didn't matter! I had a really fun time. I think it could have been more tense. The scene on the impossibly crowded beach was the best!

Geostorm, disappointing. The idea was nice but it dragged. The weather effects were big but kinda short and anti climactic. Also, I kept yelling "SpartaaaaAAAHH!" because of that guy in it. I mean, the actor looked like he came off the set of a 500 movie, changed clothes but looked the same with the facial hair and all! hilarious!

Titanic. Wonderful this way. Crosstalk problems here and there so I got taken out more than I wanted, but it added so much, like this narrow hallways as the water it rising. Really need to upgrade to better equipment for this alone. they put some amazing care in converting. no wonder it inspired Spielberg to do Jurassic Park, which he did even better I think since he added stuff coming out of the screen.

Tomb Raider. Pretty good movie, could have been much better. The actress as Lara was quite lovely to watch but too dainty to be believable while fighting dudes with machine guns. A more stealth version I could believe. Also, okay depth on the 3D just nothing at all in front end, not even when it rains or when underwater, or explosions or debrees flying at the screen. Nothing. What the hell...? ball dropped on that.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
The Underworld movies, I don’t think I have seen any of them. It looks as if there is a 3D boxset but I’m not sure if all the movies are included or if they were all in 3D ,
Any help or links appreciated!.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Underworld movies, I don’t think I have seen any of them. It looks as if there is a 3D boxset but I’m not sure if all the movies are included or if they were all in 3D ,
Any help or links appreciated!.
As far as I can recall, I think only two of them are available in 3D (Awakening and Blood Wars). The rest were made before the 3D resurgence. I think Blood Wars is only 3D in a few regions. Awakening 3D is more widely available.

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
As far as I can recall, I think only two of them are available in 3D (Awakening and Blood Wars). The rest were made before the 3D resurgence. I think Blood Wars is only 3D in a few regions. Awakening 3D is more widely available.

Thanks Malcolm, a similar theme to other franchises then, I think I will pick them all up individually.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
I’ve had the Final chapter of Resident Evil on the shelf for must be 2 yrs now unwatched. I was rained off work today so decided to watch it whilst on my own, I have to say I really enjoyed it despite some poor reviews!. Excellent 3D with some occasional stand out moments. The audio track on this is just fantastic!, my only regret is thinking my wife wouldn’t like this movie but will now rewatch it as I feel certain she would :).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks