What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watched Captain America: The First Avenger in 3D last night for the first time. Not really impressed with the 3D on this one. Save for a couple scenes near the finale, it didn't seem to be 3D for much of the film. I'm hoping it gets better for the next two films. The soundtrack also seemed oddly subdued on this disc (which was a Paramount release, not Disney which is known for their less-than-robust soundtracks). Not sure what was up with that. This was the UK 3D version.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Was it region free?

I didn't bother to check since I have a region free player.
It's also unlikely to accurately say this early. I believe every Amazon UK pre-order listing defaults to Region B. Hell, even some of the region-free titles that have been listed for years still show as Region B.

As long as it's from a major studio with worldwide rights (like Fox), it most likely should be RF. Usually the trouble is with different studios/labels with rights to different territories, or smaller studios (like Lions Gate).

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Thanks Matt, I mainly used it to force 3D on a calibration disc so I could adjust the grey scale for 3D...
The Spears and Munsil calibration disc has a 3D mode that sets your display in 3D mode when it shows it's test patterns.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
That's a good sign that Alita: Battle Angel 3D is still in the system and hasn't been cancelled. People cancel pre-order's and Amazon will list it available again to fill the vacancy.
Martin, you should sign up for an e-mail-alert notification (look to the right of the page), when it becomes available again.

Hi Paul, yes I’ve already done that a week or more ago :(, have you managed to pre order ?, is it the 4K 3D steelbook combo as per Zavvi ?.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
My apologies if this has been posted, my search didn’t turn anything up...

I was at Best Buy for a minute last night and noticed a standee with a bunch of 3D bds on sale for $9.99. Your stores’ selection may vary. Here’s what’s on their site: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dvd-blu-ray-movies-tv/blu-ray-3d-discs/pcmcat376500050000.c?id=pcmcat376500050000&sp=+currentprice skuidsaas

Thanks for the link. I only see one I need, TORMENTED. Not going to double dip for the HOBITTS.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I haven't seen to many sequels that were, IMO, better than the first. Well, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 is one of those. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :3dglasses:

Thanks for heads up Martin!!!

Make sure you add it to your collection and I can't wait for HTTYD 3 coming from the UK!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Great price for the Hobbit films, but I can't go back to the theatrical versions. My extended trilogy is one of my favorite sets in 3D. Those extra scenes add so much more to the films.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I went to Best Buy, and found these right away. The only one I do not have is “Point Break”. Is it worth the purchase for the 3D?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That BB listing shows several iMax underwater docs. Which one has the famous in-your-face grouper (or other large fish)?

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
That BB listing shows several iMax underwater docs. Which one has the famous in-your-face grouper (or other large fish)?
13500_large.jpg
Famous Codfish scene

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
My apologies if this has been posted, my search didn’t turn anything up...

I was at Best Buy for a minute last night and noticed a standee with a bunch of 3D bds on sale for $9.99. Your stores’ selection may vary. Here’s what’s on their site: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dvd-blu-ray-movies-tv/blu-ray-3d-discs/pcmcat376500050000.c?id=pcmcat376500050000&sp=+currentprice skuidsaas
Thanks - I wanted a copy of House of Wax and missed it the last time. Mine is waiting for my pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks