What's new

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
$24.50 + tax is still too high for what amounts to a catalog title. I've heard mixed reviews on that one, will probably get it used if I ever do.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just tried watching Marvels 'black panther'.

The first minutes looked very very dark with or without active 3D specs, once out of that chapter the 3D was stunning with depth and pop out and a real sense of realism. Sadly after 50 minutes watching neither mysel or wife could make sense of the storyline and lost interest...so ejected it.

I might add that the audio was compressed/muted again as seems the norm just lately f I'm this studio.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah. I thought Black Panther offered a fresh take on the tired superhero movie genre.

Loved the African flavor it had. And it got better as it went along.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Because I've seen several movies that started out awful but ended pretty well, and I'll usually find at least ONE redeeming feature in each one- and if not, at least I've seen it all and can have a valid opinion of it, versus those who vote on "worst movies of all time" without having ever seen half of them. (I've actually seen all of Gigli, and lived to tell the tale!)

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Because I've seen several movies that started out awful but ended pretty well, and I'll usually find at least ONE redeeming feature in each one- and if not, at least I've seen it all and can have a valid opinion of it, versus those who vote on "worst movies of all time" without having ever seen half of them. (I've actually seen all of Gigli, and lived to tell the tale!)

No worries, in future I will keep my invalid opinions to myself when it comes to part watched titles. If a movie doesn't pull me in after almost an hour I'm not going to waste more time on it and as my wife is of the same opinion it suits us.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I get it, but every film I have ever watched that didn't work for me and I stayed until the end I always regret doing so. Every single one. No redeeming qualities because I didn't like the film to begin with and should have walked away but didn't. Time wasted, nothing gained, and I have no one to blame but myself.

Can you give me an example of a film you disliked in the beginning, but changed your opinion to a really good film by the end of it?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I get it, but every film I have ever watched that didn't work for me and I stayed until the end I always regret doing so. Every single one. No redeeming qualities because I didn't like the film to begin with and should have walked away but didn't. Time wasted, nothing gained, and I have no one to blame but myself.

Can you give me an example of a film you disliked in the beginning, but changed your opinion to a really good film by the end of it?
Rogue One

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
No worries, in future I will keep my invalid opinions to myself when it comes to part watched titles. If a movie doesn't pull me in after almost an hour I'm not going to waste more time on it and as my wife is of the same opinion it suits us.
Martin

No one is saying your opinion is invalid. Your “opinion” of Black Panther is that you saw some of it and didn’t like it. Fair enough.

What would be invalid is if you said Black Panther sucks...because you didn’t see the whole thing.

There’s a difference.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Martin

No one is saying your opinion is invalid. Your “opinion” of Black Panther is that you saw some of it and didn’t like it. Fair enough.

What would be invalid is if you said Black Panther sucks...because you didn’t see the whole thing.

There’s a difference.

Thanks, I beg to differ though with this comment..

"at least I've seen it all and can have a valid opinion of it, versus those who vote on "worst movies of all time" without having ever seen half of them"

Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks