What's new

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I have them both, will hopefully get around to actually watching them. "The Penguin King" in the 2nd set was released in the US as "Adventures of the Penguin King" with comedic voiceovers by Tim Allen, rather than as a straight-narrated documentary.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
I have them both, will hopefully get around to actually watching them. "The Penguin King" in the 2nd set was released in the US as "Adventures of the Penguin King" with comedic voiceovers by Tim Allen, rather than as a straight-narrated documentary.

Yes please share your findings as my family is big on nature documentaries especially in 3D.

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Polar Express was a great render, just saw it tonight (a month behind seasonally speaking). I can only assume it received a bad rap because of the rollout of early 3D tech that was half-baked. It was crazy good on the OLED, oftentimes leaving me nearly breathless with some of the vista overlooks coupled with the harrowing pace (and the 8 million zones coupled with the setting being almost exclusively set in the evening made it all the more impactful).

Last edited:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Hey all you UKers, have any of you ever used "thehut.com" for ordering your BDs? I just ordered 3 3Ders...Thor Ragnarok; Blade Runner 2049 and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. :3dglasses:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Just to say I had a bit of bad luck and I have a tear I'm my retina, whilst in casualty they found both eyes did, I'm going in for surgery in morning and afterwards I won't be able to see well enough to post for several weeks.
Hopefully see you soon.
Martin.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just to say I had a bit of bad luck and I have a tear I'm my retina, whilst in casualty they found both eyes did, I'm going in for surgery in morning and afterwards I won't be able to see well enough to post for several weeks.
Hopefully see you soon.
Martin.
Good luck on the surgery. How did you tear your retinas?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Cheers, they said no particular reason, age possibly as the eye jelly shrinks. I had odd singns of flashing earlier in week and should not have ignored them.
Yeah, I have eye allergies so I have to be careful not to rub my eyes in fear of tearing a retina.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
I'm going in for surgery in morning and afterwards I won't be able to see well enough to post for several weeks.
Hopefully see you soon.
Martin.
Have similar symptoms in one eye, but surgery has not yet been a suggested option.
You are definitely in this family's thought's and prayers Martin!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Good luck Martin. Thankfully they caught it in time and it wasn’t a detached retina which is much worse. You’ll be fine mate.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Cheers, they said no particular reason, age possibly as the eye jelly shrinks. I had odd singns of flashing earlier in week and should not have ignored them.
I’ve had a detached retina. The shrinking jelly pulls the retina off the back wall of the eye. It wish the retina was the only think of mine that has shrunk. [Heavy Sigh]

To fix it, they dialate the eye and start shooting a laser to “tack” it back down. It got quite uncomfortable after a while.

I wish you well and good surgical results.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Hopefully see you soon.
Martin.

Martini,
Sorry to hear of your eye problems...you're in my prayers for a speedy recovery!!! :thumbsup:

John

vinnie7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vince
Yes, cringe-worthy. Just a sky-fi rehash of The Day After Tomorrow (this one's a guilty pleasure, too bad it didn't get a 3D conversion ;)) and 2012 with worse acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks