What's new

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Pre-ordered "Valerian" 4K/3D combo from the UK, along with another 3D title. I won't be importing from there too often, because it is fucking expensive to import UK product to Canada.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
If you click reply, it automatically quotes the post to which you are replying. Sometimes helps when you post is several posts after the original, but can be a pain otherwise.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just re-watched “War For The Planet Of The Apes” on 3D Blu Ray. I purchased the first two films in the series and found them excellent, so I wanted to complete the trilogy.

For “war” at the theatre as at home, I found the 3D excellent. The movie in the theatre however was long, depressing and disappointing. At home, if you use the feature of playing the disc at the x1.5 speed, it greatly improves. There is not much dialogue and those “look how beautiful the forest is” scenes are not so dull. The film became almost enjoyable.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I also enjoyed the 3D in WFPA, but can see why this film was not nearly as successful as the prior films. I kept waiting for the "war" promised in the title, but it never came.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't seem to post without quoting a member, is there an issue on the forum ?,

If you click reply, it automatically quotes the post to which you are replying. Sometimes helps when you post is several posts after the original, but can be a pain otherwise.

Right. Don't click the "Reply" of the last post in the thread when you want to make a post. Just stick your cursor in the text box underneath the most recent post in a thread and start typing. Then, when you are done with your post, click the "Post Reply" button under your text/editor box.

:thumbsup:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Right. Don't click the "Reply" of the last post in the thread when you want to make a post. Just stick your cursor in the text box underneath the most recent post in a thread and start typing. Then, when you are done with your post, click the "Post Reply" button under your text/editor box.

:thumbsup:

I see its there now, the box was not there last night so maybe a glitch!. Seems ok now.

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
War for the planet of the apes, just can't make up my mind which format to buy, 3D, 2D or 4k. If I go 4k chances are hdr will be very dark on my projector and I will then have all 3 films in different formats, that won't look good ..
Just aswell get the 3D version I suppose, if it's to tiresome I can resort to the include 2d blu ray.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Watched the latest Pirates of the Caribbean (import), Angry Birds and Gun Fury over the weekend. Impressed with the 3D on all, no complaints here. Looked and listened for the sync issue on Gun Fury and didn’t notice it at all.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
War for the planet of the apes, just can't make up my mind which format to buy, 3D, 2D or 4k. If I go 4k chances are hdr will be very dark on my projector and I will then have all 3 films in different formats, that won't look good ..
Just aswell get the 3D version I suppose, if it's to tiresome I can resort to the include 2d blu ray.

I watched the 4k version yesterday on my Sony 4K projector. It looked great, not too dark.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just re-watched “War For The Planet Of The Apes” on 3D Blu Ray. I purchased the first two films in the series and found them excellent, so I wanted to complete the trilogy.

For “war” at the theatre as at home, I found the 3D excellent. The movie in the theatre however was long, depressing and disappointing. At home, if you use the feature of playing the disc at the x1.5 speed, it greatly improves. There is not much dialogue and those “look how beautiful the forest is” scenes are not so dull. The film became almost enjoyable.

I didn't think much of "War" theatrically but liked it a lot the 2nd time.

Have the 4K but will get the 3D when/if it gets cheap enough!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have both and can’t decide which I enjoy more.

They are both spectacular in their own way.

And I LOVE the film.

But since this is the 3D thread, I suggest getting that version.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
STAR TREK BEYOND. Outstanding with quite a bid of depth. The audio would have been awesome if I had Atmos, but my 5.1 did well. Next week I'll have 7.1 and should be a game changer. :3dglasses:

Since I just got back my region free player, only 2 I have coming from the UK are not region free: JULIA X AND ICEMAN. I have coming the BDs of THE LAND UNKNOWN and THE MOLE PEOPLE, both region B locked. So, then I'll know if the player works.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Hey Martin...I've moved to the dark side. Just ordered UK PARANORMAN, DESPECIBLE ME, ICE AGE 3, along with EVEREST.

Still waiting for my region B locked BDs to arrive to see if my Samsung K8500 player is actually REGION FREE after modifications. :3dglasses: :dance:love this guy!!!

Last edited:

Panman40

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Campbell
Hey Martin...I've moved to the dark side. Just ordered UK PARANORMAN, DESPECIBLE ME, ICE AGE 3, along with EVEREST.

Still waiting for my region B locked BDs to arrive to see if my Samsung K8500 player is actually REGION FREE after modifications. :3dglasses: :dance:love this guy!!!

Hey John, despicable me looks fantastic on our epsons!, I hope your player works well for MR. Get Madagasgar 3 aswell :3dglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks